I am impatient. If I want something, I want it right now. If I want to change something or reach a goal, I want it as fast as possible. But sometimes, no matter how hard you push, all you can do is make slow, steady progress. I’m trying to learn the value of it.
1) The Wall Street Journal examines “How Dresses Lost Their Sleeves.” As a fan of sleeved-dresses, I’m perplexed by the arguments designer Nanette Lepore used to explain the prevalence of sleeveless dresses on The Today Show.
I really don’t buy the notion that sleeved dresses are harder to make because sleeves are uncomfortable. They don’t seem to have any trouble making comfy tops with sleeves. I think sleeveless dresses are favored because they’re cheaper to design and make, meaning more profit for the designers.
Looking for a sleeved dress? The Black Halo Jackie is my number one choice.
2) This week’s under-$50 bag is actually two bags. The first is an uber-chic grey and snakeskin tote in a classic shape. The second is a blush colored clutch. You do not want to miss this. The bag also comes in a black and aqua combo with a snakeskin pouch.
4) Dorothy Perkins has some lovely, under-$30 flats right now. These rose gold flats come in regular leather and a perforated material. If metallics aren’t your thing, these nude flats with a scallop edge are a great basic.
5) LearnVest has a great article on how to know if you’re ready for a “step-up” to your dream job.
7) Looking for a new job? Lifehacker Australia discusses common ways people sabotage their job searches (and how to stop). I couldn’t agree more about spamming your contacts.
9) Even if you prefer to work solo (Heaven knows, I do.), we all end up working in groups eventually. Here are seven “golden rules” for working well with others.
12) Are you a fan of the Duchess of Cambridge’s sleek style? Two of her favorite designers, Issa and Goat, are on sale at The Outnet this week. I am in love with this ice blue shift and this collarless wool coat. Wear them together for a look that is worthy of royalty.
*image found here.