Belle’s Weekly Reading: December 30, 2014
Dec 30, 2014
2014 began with a wish. It did not come true.
It is a wish I wished for on nearly every birthday and New Year’s Eve for half of my life. Every special moment, every lost train of thought belonged to this single wish. Chasing it sometimes made me happy; other times it made me miserable. It was a hope I carried with me, a constant prayer for a future that will not be.
For 2015, I make no wishes. This year, I will see where not chasing a wish takes me.
1) For the grammar girls in the crowd, may I present an article in defense of the Oxford Comma.
3) The Vault Files has some lovely NYE hair tutorials. I love the perfectly undone updo. The Beauty Department also has a nice selection of hairstyles. Personally, I love this star-spangled headband for an easy, festive look.
4) Today Piperlime has 50%-off sale-priced items using code CHIC50. I picked up these Minkoff pumps for under-$75. I wear this tee-dress as loungewear. And this lace skirt is almost-perfect at under-$20.
5) To all the folks shoveling their sidewalks this morning, how would you like to spend 70 days shoveling snow from a single roof?
6) This adorable Julia Jordan eyelet sheath is perfect for any season, comes in a unique blue-grey hue, and is selling out fast.
7) A Facebook billionaire and his wife talk about their unique take on philanthropy. Their goal is to support projects that can do a lot of good for a sizable number of people with the least amount of money.
8) These delicate chains from Alainn are so perfectly dainty and beautiful. I’m so glad they’re on sale because I feel like I need to own all of them. They come in your choice of gold, silver, or hematite.
9) This photo will make you want to completely restructure your wardrobe. Suddenly all I want is neutrals.
10) The post-holiday sales bring good tidings of discounted Barefoot Dreams blankets. They are the perfect housewarming and baby shower gifts. They are so soft. It’s like you skinned a bunny.
12) After a week in the super-dry Montana air, this SKYN Iceland Skin Hangover Emergency Kit is looking like a must buy.
I’m out for the rest of the year. I’ll be back on Thursday or Friday with some post-2014 sale picks, and then back to normal, broadcasting from the Big Apple next week. Somebody call the Soho Century 21 and let them know I am coming for their discount designer wares…
image found here.