1) Let the end of the year countdowns begin! The New York Times is out with their list of the 100 Notable Books of 2014. My Kindle is full. Prefer shorter reading material? Longreads has the best long-form articles of 2014.
2) Need a clutch for holiday fetes? Let’s see what we can find for under-$50. This oversized crystal-embellished clutch is sparkly, yet modern. This mirrored clutch is like your own personal disco ball. And this slim, leather envelope clutch is as sleek as it gets.
3) Chris Rock’s interview with New York magazine is a must read.
4) The Julep Plie brush will change the way you paint your nails. The longer brush handle gives you maximum stability. And now, Julep has redesigned it for use with any brand of polish.
5) Businessweek ranks and discusses the 85 ideas that changed history. I quibble with the order, but it’s still neat to look through the list.
6) I’m still on the hunt for inexpensive sweaters to get me through the winter months. Luckily, Piperlime has some lovely choices. I adore this jeweled sweatshirt. This sweater has a relaxed shape and lovely ribbon details. This blanket sweater is perfect for the airplane or a long car ride.
7) Tugce Albayrak is a hero who stood up for two teenage girls who were being harassed by a group of men in Germany. Later, one of the men retaliated by hitting her in the head with a bat. She died days later. No good deed goes unpunished.
9) 21 Manhattan women reveal the dumbest thing they spend their money on. No surprise, the big winner was food delivery.
10) This camel and grey coat from Anthropologie is to die for.
11) Cosmo has a list of concealer tricks that can help even the most clueless makeup user improve her look. The triangle under the eye tip + Maybelline Age Rewind concealer and a translucent setting powder = Magic.