Belle’s Workday Reading: October 1, 2014
Oct 1, 2014
1) Forbes has an article on why women helping women is imperative for career success, not just something nice to do.
3) Thought Catalog has tips on how to be a great negotiator. The article contains lots of practical advice about common misconception about bargaining and how to let them go.
4) Saks Off 5th is offering 40%-off with code FRIENDS. Their Wear to Work shop has gorgeous pieces in every price point. I love their jewelry selection. This gold Adriana Orsini bangle is phenomenal (also in silver).
5) Elle has a fascinating interview with Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the full article is in this month’s issue of Elle.
6) Banana Republic’s new collection is causing controversy in my friend group–some love it, others don’t. I think this cross-front dress is freakin’ fabulous. This pinstripe suit caught my eye. And I love this tulip-hem top that comes in six great colors.
8) Perricone MD’s “No Makeup” line is a favorite of one of my friends. If you’d like to try the line’s best products, they’re offering a small boxed set at Sephora that includes their blush, lipstick, foundation, moisturizer and mascara.
9) ProPublica has long, but fascinating, article on the too-cozy relationship between federal regulators and the banks they’re supposed to be policing. The whistleblower who brought the issue to public attention was a female regulator at Goldman Sachs leading Fortune Magazine to ask if women are more likely to be whistleblowers than men.
10) If you have some money to spend on a glamorous winter coat, there’s no better place to look than Reiss. So many lovely things.
11) Anyone who tells you they like professional criticism is lying. You may value it, but no one likes it. Learnvest has a piece on how to use criticism to boost your career, because while it may be unpleasant, it is absolutely necessary.
12) H&M’s online store is so dangerous for me. It removes all of the confusion that shopping in the brick-and-mortar location, with its myriad of rounders and racks, creates. This week, I found this affordable sheath dress with cap sleeves (so good, runs a little small). This black and white, v-neck blouse is a great basic. And I love this drapey, fine-knit sweater.