1) Maryam al Monsouri is the UAE’s first female fighter pilot. She’s a role model for millions of little girls everywhere. But ask the jackasses at Fox News and they reduce her accomplishments to a bunch of juvenile quips. They should be so proud of themselves.
3) KLM Airlines has an interesting way of returning to lost items to customers. It involves an adorable beagle with an incredible sense of smell. (Too cute.)
4) Need to rehab your sweaters? This stone pill and lint remover is a must have. This black and grey Club Monaco sweater is a chic basic. For a piece that will last several seasons, check out the brand Autumn Cashmere. Need something inexpensive? I love this BP textured cotton crew neck.
6) I’m not quite girly enough for Kate Spade, but sometimes her pieces are just too fab to miss. This pointelle sweater dress is gorgeous. I also love this Genni sweater with elbow patches. And this ivory coat with a bow on the neck is everything.
7) A small town tragedy has many townspeople asking if it should be crime to raise a killer. Where does the parents’ responsibility end and the child’s begin?
8) Microdermabrasion is really expensive. Silk’n has a new device that can give you the effect of microdermabrasion at home. I can’t wait to try it.
9) Reading a summary of the comments left on food blogs will make you laugh out loud. Imagine being told that despite the fact that the cook didn’t use your recommended ingredients, or cook it in the way you intended, it’s your fault that the meal didn’t turn out gourmet.
10) Anthropologie is offering an extra 25-percent-off sale items. This colorful striped scarf is a great choice. I also love this zip-up that is stylish and perfect for covering up post-gym. And these black-and-white d’Orsay flats might be the most unusual shoes that I’ve seen in a while.
11) The New Yorker has a piece on how plus-size fashion is getting a fresh look by hitting the runways.
12) Sephora released a few of their holiday gift sets and palettes early. They’re offering the Fresh Sugar Lip Legends again, so many great colors. Also, for lovers of Clinique Black Honey lip color, they have a gorgeous set for $25. But my favorite is this mini-set from Givenchy that features some of their best foundation, blush and eye colors.