Style

The Hoodie You Can’t Live Without

cn8720392

Athleta Blissful Hoodie ($89)

With it’s funnel-neck and slim shape, this hoodie is the best casual piece that I’ve ever purchased.  I own it in both the pale grey (shown) and the darker flint grey.  And for those ladies who need a tall or plus-size option, it also comes in those size ranges.

I wear it with leggings on the weekend when I’m lounging about the house.  I wear it over jeans, under my olive military jacket.  It also looks nice with a pleated skirt.

Long story short, the sweatshirt is stylish, warm and so.so.so comfortable.  Putting this hoodie on at the end of a long day and pouring a glass of wine is the perfect way to relax.  Looking for something cheaper?  This $27 funnel neck sweatshirt is the place to start.

1. Cat says:

Looks super comfy! There is no picture of it on a model on the Athleta site – where does it hit, lengthwise?

September 25, 2014/Reply

Lower than hip, but not quite long enough to cover your whole rear.

September 25, 2014/Reply
  2. S says:

And how would you say it fits? Totally gonna buy it. Does it run pretty baggy or more slim-fit?

September 25, 2014/Reply

I usually take a small in athlete, but I need an XS is this top. In that size it has a slim, but not tight, fit on my size 4 frame.

September 25, 2014/Reply
      • S says:

Thanks! 🙂

September 25, 2014/Reply
  3. Kira says:

Cute – I’d seen this but had been on the fence about it. I love the yoga pants at Athleta, too.

BTW, were you still going to do the tw0-ways/three-ways posts? I thought I’d read in a previous post that you were going to do those once a week but hadn’t seen one in a while so thought I’d check. Thanks!

September 25, 2014/Reply

I am. I’ve just been a bit swamped. It takes so long to find everything, but I have an item picked to style so, fingers crossed.

September 25, 2014/Reply
      • Kira says:

Totally understand. I was in law school not so long ago.

September 25, 2014/Reply
  4. joyce says:

I have absolutely fallen in love with Athleta this year. If I was stranded on a dessert island and could only have clothes from one company, it would be them. The leggings are great — both fabric and patterns. The tanks fit perfectly. And their jackets are to dye for. Somehow I missed this hoodie, though. About to correct that mistake!

September 25, 2014/Reply
  5. Katie @ Freckled Latte says:

I love this! Thanks for posting about it!

September 25, 2014/Reply
  6. Rosanne says:

How would you style this with the pleated midi? I totally want one to fill the hole I didn’t know I had in my wardrobe now.

September 25, 2014/Reply
  7. Joules says:

I’m a huge fan of funnel necks in general–they just look so chic.

Style by Joules

September 26, 2014/Reply
  8. sally says:

I’m so glad you’ve discovered/love Athleta. I liked it from the beginning and feel that the quality/style just keeps getting better each season. My running group now meets at the Georgetown location. My BR card has gotten quite the (fiscally responsible) workout!

September 28, 2014/Reply