This is truer than you think, but there is power in working to figure it out.
1) Businesses talk a lot about growing diversity in the upper ranks, but a new study finds that women and minorities who promote other women or other minorities suffer professionally as a result. Awesome.
4) Boden is killing it. This raspberry pencil skirt is super fun. Their Zoe dress is pure Audrey Hepburn. I love the deep green of this waterfall cardigan. This printed, mod blazer is also a fun throwback.
5) Mashable asks, “Is ‘Follow Your Passion’ Realistic Career Advice?” The BBC goes one step further and discusses how we often tell young people to “shoot for the stars,” but fail to offer realistic guidance on how to reach them.
6) This v-neck Reiss sweater is the perfect slouchy style and the perfect muted shade of pink. Must have.
7) The more I read about sexism in the tech industry, the more glad I am that I show almost no business or technological acumen. Not that politics is that much better.
8) I’m on the hunt for long sleeve blouses for fall. A few of my old standbys are looking, well, old. This lavender blouse with a contrast placket caught my eye. This Mango blouse has an amazing mix of textures, and it’s under-$50. And I love the charcoal color on this H&M blouse.
9) One of the most surprising and uplifting business stories of the summer is about the New England grocery store workers who walked off the job to help their beloved CEO get his job back.
10) Nordstrom Rack is back online. The shoe section is, as expected, to die for. The jewelry section also has some great pieces, like this silver Ralph Lauren necklace with twisted links. I love the site, but I think they have some bugs to work out. This dress does not belong in the work section, unless you’re Vivienne from Pretty Woman.
11) How to get a higher salary than they want to give you. (And yes, you can negotiate starting salary.)
12) By Malene Birger gets me every time, this slim-fitting black sheath is no exception. Why do the Danes have such great style? (I also wouldn’t mind owning this stylish ivory dress–it’s pure Jessica Pearson.)