Belle’s Workday Reading: August 26, 2014
Aug 26, 2014
1) According to The Atlantic, employers care more about internships than area of study or grades. Vindication tastes sweet.
3) Levo League covers their professional wardrobe fundamentals. For mine, I can’t live without a good pencil skirt, a silk blouse and a pair of black flats. I also need the perfect sheath dress with sleeves.
5) Asking for advice makes you seem more competent, not less.
6) Ann Taylor has some nice jewelry piece for sale right now. This tortoise link necklace is fabulous. This long silver necklace has modern, square links. This sculpted, open cuff is awesome. And I love these square stud earrings with grey stones.
7) When you care about your work, sometimes you get so pulled into a project that you can’t move on from it. The creator of Mad Men offers his best advice for moving on.
8) I really want a camel coat for fall/winter. This under-$100 H&M coat certainly caught my eye.
9) If your energy lulls mid-day, here are a few ways to give yourself a boost. I’m not sure how many of them work, but they’re interesting.
10) Looking beyond the pencil skirt? I love drape skirts. This DKNY drape skirt is amazing at $79.
11) The Cut has a piece about being a woman working in the video game industry. Sounds a little like being a woman in politics.
12) Asos has some great end-of-summer/early-fall dresses right now. This dotted, short-sleeve dress is pretty great. This bright, draped sheath is a stunner (also in basic black). I also love this pale pink midi dress.