1) If you’re paraskavedekatriaphobic, today is your unlucky day. For the rest of us, it’s just another glorious Friday that will slip happily into Saturday. I will, however, be avoiding black cats and cracks in the sidewalk. Ya know, in case.
2) These Miu Miu glitter sandals are so damn adorable that I had to find a nearly identical pair in a price range I could afford.
3) Do you hate when you miss a call because your phone was in your purse? Eliminate this problem with Ringly. The ring buzzes to discretely let you know when someone is calling or texting.
4) While I would love longer, fuller lashes, the fact that Latisse can alter your eye color has always freaked me out. I just bought Perricone MD’s No Mascara Mascara and I’m hoping it can help pump up my lashes without the slightly scary side effects.
5) Did you know Facebook’s mobile app can listen in on you when you’re posting a status update? It’s called Listening, and it’s terrifying.
7) For those ladies who prefer a flat shoe to a pump, WhoWhatWear has a guide to wearing flats anywhere. My favorite pair of go to flats? These Halogen Kylie flats with a mixture of beige and snakeskin. Love ’em.
8) The older I get, the more I care about protecting my skin from the sun. There are only two sunscreens that I will put on my face and neck (don’t neglect the neck): Coola or Supergoop. As for my body, I like the spray on sunscreen from Neutrogena. And if you’re looking for a self-tanner, I go for the St. Tropez mousse all the way.
9) Everyone is buzzing about the Women’s Wear Daily article discussing the rise of the style blogger. It appears that some of the fashion blog hierarchy are making seven-figures per year. No, that isn’t a typo. Apparently posting pictures of gifted items to Instagram is big business.
10) This white maxi dress from Reiss stopped me in my tracks. I also love this ivory crochet dress. And you cannot ignore the subtle beauty of this pale lilac fit-and-flare dress. Want the look of Reiss for less? Do not miss their Outlet, this cowl-neck dress is high on my lust list and 50%-off.
11) Maureen Dowd, The New York Times columnist who I love to hate, went to Colorado, ate a pot brownie and wrote a column about it. Unsurprisingly to anyone who has ever read her column, she had no fun and claims the whole thing went horribly awry. But in a world where witty denizens of the Twitterverse can read her column and comment on it in 140 characters or less, the rest of us can have a good laugh.
12) Father’s Day is Sunday. So what did I buy my Dad? A Dyson dog hair grooming attachment for the vacuum cleaner. Our Golden Retriever sheds so much dog hair-tumbleweeds blow through the living room like it’s high noon.
13) Because I still can’t get over it after posting it to Twitter and to Pinterest, I’ll share it here. Bloggers post a lot of helpful tutorials, but this is not one of them. Apparently, stacking store-bought donuts on a tray requires an instruction manual.