1) A woman loses 170lbs through hard work and healthy eating. Shape magazine asks for a photo so they can share her inspiring story. There’s just one problem, they don’t think her bikini pic is good enough and ask for one of her in a t-shirt. So what do she do? Releases the unretouched bikini photo because women don’t have to look picture perfect to be inspiring.
2) This Adia Kibur layered bracelet combines everything I love about Ralph Lauren with the cabled look of David Yurman. It’s a great $50 cuff that’s anything but basic, but completely versatile.
3) Want to know when fruits and vegetables can be purchased at peak freshness? Visit RipeTrack.
4) I may not be able to dip into the Zara for a quick look anymore, but that doesn’t mean my love for the brand has waned. This gorgeous kelly green dress is like summertime in cloth form. My favorite bucket shopping tote finally comes in grey. And for $20, this printed, peplum top would look great under a black cardigan with a pair of white jeans.
5) Two college students recover a hit from Frozen. Their version is called “Do you wanna go to Starbucks?,” and it’s very funny.
6) With the packing and moving, I’ve been wearing my Zella Live In Leggings a lot (also in plus-size). I dropped by Nordstrom yesterday to pick up another pair when I spotted this multi-way wrap top. It’s so soft and cozy, I just want to wear it all the time. I also grabbed another one of their Z5 tees.
7) Have a stack of business cards you need to organize? LinkedIn has teamed with Evernote for a must-have app that is sure to get your address book in shape.
8) How do you feel about the kiwi print on this dress? Part of me thinks it’s charming, part of me thinks it’s too cutesy.
9) Since I can no longer eat at The Source bi-weekly, I’ll need to learn to make steamed pork buns at home. Thank goodness for Food52 and their copy of the Momofuku recipe.
10) It took me four weeks to find a piece of furniture to sit my television on, but by jove, I think I’ve done it. I did not think it was going to be so difficult, but there are a lot of ugly, mannish media cabinets out there. The rest were far too traditional for my taste or fresh out of the 1990s.
11) Lastly, it’s pedicure season, so it’s time to get your feet in shape for sandals. As I’ve mentioned before, I paint my own toes. This 10-minute Pedicure tutorial is a good place to start if you want to put your pedicure budget toward another use.
I don’t like to waste my Deborah Lippman Gel Lab top coat on my toes, so I use the quick drying Seche Vite top coat instead. Also, I couldn’t live without this little brush for cleaning up the bits of nail polish that wound up outside the lines.