Sometimes, you just need someone to remind you to dream, think and be bigger. Even if that person is a 13th-century Persian poet.
1) The NYT has an article about how the top colleges are becoming increasingly selective. Reuters also published a great article about how some schools use confusing financial aid letters to hide the true cost of college. And the Christian Science Monitor has a jaw-dropping piece about how some universities are rejecting talented women in favor of less-qualified men.
3) Iris Apfel, an elder stateswoman of style, is the latest fashion doyenne to be given The Coveteur treatment. My favorite quote from the article? “I’m not a minimalist as I’m sure you’ve noticed.” Can I please be this sassy at 92?
4) As if I needed more reasons to ogle the Reiss website, their new arrivals are lovely. This feather-printed sweatshirt would be such a great piece for chilly spring nights. This fluted hem skirt is a chic alternative to the pencil skirt.
5) The Culture of Shut-Up: How fake outrage is having a chilling effect on free speech.
6) I’ve been wearing Athleta’s Ruched Tee Dress over leggings when I’m lounging around the house. But it also would make a great casual summer dress for running errands or to throw on over your swimsuit. It also comes in a stripe and a racer-back tank style.
8) I picked up these Dr. Dennis Gross Clinical Concentrate Boosters at Sephora. You mix them with your favorite skincare products to improve radiance, hydration or fight breakouts. I really like the radiance booster, it brightens my occasionally dull complexion.
10) Two days of nice weather and all I can think about is knife-pleated skirts for spring. I like this $28 polka dot skirt from Coldwater Creek. Ann Taylor has a skirt with a relaxed “kaleidoscope” print. I also love this colorblock pleated maxi-skirt from Sabine.
11) The Washington Post followed a hiring manager in Ohio as he tried to staff a new business. His travails finding the right employees for the jobs put an interesting slant on the nation’s economic recovery.
12) Now that H&M has an online presence, I’ve been shopping there a bit more. This yellow sleeveless dress caught my eye because it’s so bright and fun. This navy peplum top with short sleeves would look great with work separates or with jeans. I also love the texture and layering on this black chiffon top. Shopping on their website is much less intimidating than in the store.