1) Addicted to your smart phone? UNICEF has a program that may make you want to put it down. Download the Tap App and for every 10 minutes that you don’t use your phone, sponsors will donate money to UNICEF’s clean water program. 10 minutes = 1 day of water.
2) The Neiman Marcus sale section has some really beautiful shoes right now. Sizes are limited, but prices are fantastic. These Pour la Victoire cognac flats are $87, and their high heel counterparts are $92. I also like these Cole Haan ballet flats ($99).
3) LinkedIn has an excellent article titled “What to Do When You’re Asked to Go Get the Coffee?” You will be asked to do many menial tasks during the course of your career. Don’t be the person who looks disdainfully upon menial work, be the person who jumps in and does what needs to be done.
5) The Hollywood Reporter has a list of the most powerful stylists in Hollywood. The most well-known celebrity stylist, Rachel Zoe, only ranked 6th.
6) A spring-weight peacoat in navy blue with black sleeves and gold buttons? And it’s on sale? Get in my closet!
7) The three rules for riding on airplanes. Yes, yes, and yes.
8) I stocked up on a few inexpensive accessories at LOFT. This spotted clutch is perfect for spring/summer weddings. This beaded station necklace with shades of grey, pewter and blue is sublime. And if you like slingback shoes, these flats come in gold and silver metallic.
9) Buzzfeed has a list of 77 Facts That Sound Like Lies. Some interesting tidbits, my favorite was number 11.
10) I bought this berry-colored leather shopper from ASOS to carry on errands. I love it, but if you’re looking for something under-$25, this vegan-leather tote from Urban Outfitters is an excellent buy.
11) Tinder is technology’s latest tool for finding a soulmate, or just a mate. Hello, Let’s Date is a chronicle of one man’s adventures looking for love online. Let’s just say his interactions range from hysterical to utterly terrifying.
12) Anthropologie always has pretty dresses on its racks, but this season’s selection is especially gorgeous. This printed shirtdress with balloon sleeves is breezy and light. I also like this Wavelength sheath with stripes of different sizes. My friend bought this Ivoire dress for her bridal shower, and it’s even prettier in person.