+ Work Wednesdays

Work Wednesdays: Snakeskin Pumps for Spring

_8913410Michael Kors Flex Pump ($109)

I posted these shoes on Friday in the Weekly Reading.  The Flex Pump is one of the most comfortable work shoes on the market (also in black and “nude”), so I decided to order these snakeskin ones for spring.  They arrived yesterday, and they are wonderful.  They are very comfortable with a Goldilocks heel height.

If you like to wear leopard-print shoes in the winter to add a bit of sass to your work attire, consider buying a snakeskin pair for the spring.  Snakeskin pairs well with any color in your wardrobe from neutrals to brights.  For me, they work as an alternative to nude pumps when that style isn’t suitable for a professional meeting or event.

Zara has a pointed toe pair if you prefer that style.  I’d also check out these Geox pumps (they have a breathable sole) and these Corso Como Del pumps (generously padded).

Need flats?  I love the look of these Enzo Angiolini ankle-strap flats that mix metallic with snakeskin.  I also found these classically styled flats from Old Navy for $20.

1. Carolyn says:

LOVE the flex pump. I have them in black, and have worn them to several weddings/nights out, and they are the comfiest heel I’ve ever worn.

2. Sara says:

I have found that a small-print snakeskin shoe is literally the best wardrobe piece I have ever owned. Following the “What Not to Wear” rules of adding color, pattern, texture, and shine for each outfit (sorry if that’s blasphemous, Belle), a snakeskin shoe can literally perk up any outfit without being flashy or trashy. Today I have on a solid color black sheath dress with a solid color long green cardigan and a beaded/jeweled necklace with a pair of snakeskin pumps to add pattern to my outfit. Every woman should own a pair in my opinion 🙂

3. Joules says:

Could you comment on what specifically makes them so comfortable? Do they have a padded ball of foot area or something?

The biggest problem I have with pumps is the “sliding forward” of the foot that they tend to cause which ends up mashing my toes into the front of the toe box (not comfy). The only shoes I’ve found that really help are those with larger toe boxes to accommodate for my longish toes. How might these compare?

Style by Joules

• Giggling Gourmand says:

I have small feet but I must have long toes because I have this problem as well. Have you tried foot petals?

March 19, 2014/Reply

I think the thing that makes them comfortable is the the sole is rubber and the construction is “flex”. So they allow a more natural foot motion, and they cushion the shock of each step.

4. L says:

I have the Old Navy shoes you linked, and they are fantastic! They were immediately comfortable — no breaking in required. I get a ton of compliments on them too.

• T says:

I love that style of Old Navy flats, I have them in many colors and they’re always comfortable right out of the box!

5. Tonya says:

Any suggestions for a snakeskin satchel in the $200-300 range? I’ve had a snakeskin hobo for years and it will fall apart soon b/c I’ve used it so much.

6. Anon says:

Have you seen the Michael Kors Toffee/black pump: https://www.neimanmarcus.com/en-de/Michael-Kors-Stephanie-Elastic-Strap-Pump/prod160090134_cat6240741__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FitemId%253Dcat6240741%2526pageSize%253D120%2526No%253D0%2526refinements%253D&eItemId=prod160090134&cmCat=product

7. B says:

I bought the snakeskin Loeffler Randall pumps you linked a few weeks ago. When I received them I put them up against my closet and quickly realized they work with every color – navy, black, red, white, brown, camel, etc. I have worn them a lot since receiving them because they really go with everything.

I really never considered snakeskin as an essential neutral shoe in my wardrobe until your post! Thanks Belle!

March 19, 2014/Reply

I know, right! They go with everything!

8. Heather says:

I bought the snakeskin Old Navy flats and they are really adorable, I get a lot of compliments on them. My only word of caution is that they chafed my feet REALLY badly (to the point where someone asked what happened to my feet).

9. Michelle says:

Sorry to be off-topic, but the Vince Camuto Fiona satchel that you’ve posted here is now on sale at vincecamuto.com for $164.99 (originally $328). Subscribe to the website’s newsletter, and the price comes down to just under $150. I’ve not used mine yet, but thanks for the recommendation! It’s a smart-looking satchel in person. I think I’m going to really like it.

March 19, 2014/Reply

Thanks, that’s a good price.

10. Kathy says:

Lands End has a cobra print peep toe flat that is cute and very comfortable.

March 20, 2014/Reply