An old friend of mine was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder several years ago. Since then, it’s been very difficult to care about him and be apart of his life without becoming too embroiled in the trials of his illness. You want to help, but knowing how/when to help and when to step back is nearly impossible. This quote really has me thinking about the situation in a new way.
1) During the early part of my career, I experienced a lot of reverse age discrimination. So I found this piece on why it might be a good idea to keep your age to yourself very interesting.
2) Zara always has great pieces with lots of style. This week, the new arrivals are especially gorgeous. I love this top-handle purse and this relaxed cocktail dress with neckline embellishments. But my favorite piece was this robin’s egg blue coat.
3) Now that football season is over, I’m waiting for March Madness to begin. If you can’t wait to see some amazing basketball, don’t miss this miraculous shot from a high school basketball game in Washington state.
4) The longer my hair grows, the more I struggle with tangles. This Tangle Teaser is a lifesaver.
5) Want to style your clothes so that you look slimmer? Try these 7 Editor Styling Tips from the ladies at Elle magazine.
6) Who needs a t-shirt that illustrates the parts of a flower? Who would be crazy enough to pay $300 for it?
7) On Wednesday, I talked about how much I like sleek bows on shoes. But why buy a pair of shoes with bows on them when you can make a pair of bow clips that you can wear on all of your shoes? The Vault Files has the DIY instructions.
9) My college friend Cassandra Lavalle, editor of Coco + Kelley, has a fun article on picking a plant and decorative pot to brighten up your space. I adore this inexpensive, pink ombre pot from Urban Outfitters and these metallic herb pots from Anthropologie.
10) Mango’s jackets and coats are always lovely, but this detachable hood parka is one of the chicest relaxed coats that I have ever seen. The exaggerated collar on this steel grey coat is also fantastic. And don’t miss this double-breasted trench.
11) Leave it to Joan Didion to perfectly explain why I find Woody Allen’s movies tiresome.
12) The NARSassist Eye Palette is so beautiful, I don’t want to use it on my eyelids, I want to paint my house with it. And if you’re looking for an inexpensive copy, this e.l.f. palette has many of the same hues for $6.
13) The sexualization of women is a problem whether you’re the CEO of a Fortune 50 company or a former reality star trying to build a career as an entrepreneur. But when Lauren Conrad was asked what her favorite position was by a radio host, she gave an unexpected answer.