One of the primary reasons that I left my last job was that my life had become incredibly monotonous. Work, fundraiser, blog, sleep, repeat.
My only resolution this New Year was to have more adventures. So this weekend, Little Brother and I are headed to Super Bowl XLVIII to watch our Broncos bring home the championship. I think that qualifies as an adventure.
1) As social media evolves, marketing evolves with it. One lucky man called a number he saw in an Old Spice commercial and won two tickets to the Super Bowl. Are Easter Eggs like this the wave of the future?
2) It’s almost time for spring dresses. At the top of my list? This black-and-white Eliza J dress with a fuchsia belt, and this printed fit-and-flare dress from French Connection (also good with tights for right now).
4) I never thought that Nordstrom would be selling camouflage print. Apparently the Duck Dynasty aesthetic is more pervasive than I thought.
5) Tired of eating sad lunches at your desk? Sweetsonian has the skinny on an idea that can breathe life back into your midday meal. It’s called a Soup Swap, and it livens up your lunch and helps build office morale.
My favorite soup? Cucina Cucina’s sausage and lentil. Make two recipes and freeze them for whenever the craving strikes.
6) Can a toner actually be hydrating? This Fresh toner exfoliates and breathes life back into skin that’s been battered by the elements. If that doesn’t get the job done, this GlamGlow Hydrating Mask will.
7) With the Academy Awards on the horizon, the stars are bringing their A-game to every red carpet. Lupita Nyong’o is making the All-Star Team of Fashion. Here are her best looks.
8) ASOS is having a big sale. I snapped up this pretty, blush-colored dress, and this simple short-sleeve dress in bottle-green. And if you’re in the market for a cool bag? This shopper tote with a wood base is cool.
9) Elle explores whether dieting is anti-feminist. Personally, taking care of your health and working for a body you are proud of is empowering, not degrading.
10) Net-a-Porter always has the best J.Crew pieces before they appear in their namesake store. I bought this black jersey dress with blush trim, and it’s sublime. This crystal-embellished terry sweatshirt is lovely. And if you’re into bows, don’t miss this sweatshirt.
11) This article on the history of divorce should be depressing, but it’s actually fascinating. I think those of us who grew up in the late-20th Century forget that divorces were once so controversial that they divided nations and split religions.