State of the Blog: Under the Weather

Hi Ladies,

Last night, I suffered an allergic reaction to something I drank.  Apparently, whatever Starbucks is putting in their Skinny Vanilla Latte caused me to break out in hives and have some trouble breathing.  So after a trip to Urgent Care, my fingers have returned to their normal size, as opposed to the Andre the Giant size they were last night.  But as a result of this mild medical emergency, I didn’t finish any posts for today.

I’ll be back tomorrow with your usual content, plus a little something extra.

Have a great Thursday!  xo, Belle



  1. CAM says:

    Oh sounds awful, feel better soon!!

    January 30, 2014/Reply
  2. Ashley says:

    How scary! Glad to hear you are on the mend.

    January 30, 2014/Reply
  3. Shannon says:

    Feel better soon!

    Are you possibly allergic to artificial sweeteners? Many people (including me) have a bad reaction to aspartame.

    January 30, 2014/Reply
    • Belle says:

      I don’t think so, I drink diet Pepsi all the time with no problem. But the latte is the only thing that I drank or ate that was different. I usually don’t drink coffee at all, so it was an eye opener.

      January 30, 2014/Reply
  4. kate says:

    Feel better!

    January 30, 2014/Reply
  5. Kelsey says:

    My eyes once puffed up to the point I could not see out of them – it was an allergic reaction to hand sanitizer. You have my sympathies! I hope you feel better and back to normal soon.

    January 30, 2014/Reply
  6. Meri says:

    allergic reactions can be so scary! Big fan of the blog, rarely a commentor, but wanted to send well wishes. xox

    January 30, 2014/Reply
  7. DD says:

    Yikes, glad you’re ok.

    January 30, 2014/Reply
  8. ERA says:

    That’s terribly scary. Get thee to an allergist, asap. As someone who was recently diagnosed with food allergies, I have found this organization’s website to be a really helpful resource:

    January 30, 2014/Reply
  9. tm says:

    All the very best to your recovery.

    January 30, 2014/Reply
  10. Addison says:

    Yikes, what was in that latte?! Feel better soon!

    January 30, 2014/Reply
  11. Kate M says:

    Scary stuff! Hope you feel better soon!

    January 30, 2014/Reply
  12. kristiina says:

    I hope you are able to pinpoint what caused this–food allergies are very serious and scary. Glad you’re okay!

    January 30, 2014/Reply
  13. Diana says:

    How scary. I hope you feel better soon figure out what casued this so it doesn’t happen again.

    January 30, 2014/Reply
  14. Lynn says:

    Oh my gosh, that sucks. Glad your fingers have shrunk back and you are feeling better.

    January 30, 2014/Reply
  15. Pancakes says:

    Yikes! Hope you’re feeling better now.

    I can’t imagine what might be in there that you might be allergic to. I heard they use some flavorant in there that comes in powder form. Maybe it’s something in the stabilizer?

    January 30, 2014/Reply
  16. Trezlen says:

    Get Well Soon, Belle!

    January 30, 2014/Reply
  17. linn says:

    Feel better, love!

    January 31, 2014/Reply
  18. Kathleen Lisson says:

    Get well soon and thanks for the warning!

    January 31, 2014/Reply
  19. Joules says:

    That sounds horrible! Allergic reactions are definitely the worst–scary and expensive. I hope you feel better!

    January 31, 2014/Reply