1) After the backlash following the 2012 Olympics, Ralph Lauren has announced that 2014’s Olympic gear will be 100% Made In America. I’m trying to buy more goods that are made in the U.S.A., but it’s tough. Here is a list of some of the companies that sell Made In America goods. Luckily, my beloved Hanky Panky thongs are all American.
2) This evening dress from Dagmar is the epitome of effortless elegance. The marble print is to die for. Is it too early to start shopping for the 2016 Inaugural Balls?
3) Greg Packer is the most quoted man in the news business. His name has appeared in so many articles that the Associated Press actually issued a memo asking reporters to seek out other sources. Awesome. (h/t Kottke.org)
4) I love a collarless coat, and no one has a better selection than Kate Spade Saturday. Whether you’re searching for flame red, baby pink or basic black, Kate has several gorgeous colors and styles. And while you’re there, don’t miss the Slip-Neck Sweater Dress and Slip-Neck Tee (a steal at $40).
5) Kyle Hendrix was 31 when he lost his battle with cancer. A farmer from Monticello, Illinois, his community organized a stirring, yet silent, tribute to his life by lining up their tractors, spreaders and combines along the highway. “Farming communities all over the country may still hold the key to what makes this country a shining beacon in a world of trouble.”
6) I’m a bit neurotic about what I wear to bed. Mostly, I can’t stand to wear anything on my legs when I sleep. But finding nightgowns that are comfortable and cozy without making me look like Mrs. Roper is a challenge. Luckily, Victoria’s Secret is selling a Supersoft Sleepshirt that is sublime. Just make sure to size down, they run large.
7) Conde Nast is the latest corporation to end its internship program in the face of a lawsuit over compensation. Not every internship is a valuable experience, but in certain industries (like journalism, government, PR, finance), an internship is the best on-the-job training you will ever receive. And with more businesses expected to follow Conde Nast’s lead, the internships that help secure jobs in competitive fields may vanish entirely.
8) Have you ever heard of the skincare brand This Works? I bought their In Transit Camera Close Up treatment, and I am in love. It’s the perfect thing for reviving tired skin. And it has me seriously considering their No Wrinkles Night Repair cream.
9) The popularity of baby names by state and year. Apparently, if you were born in the 1970s, the odds are very good that your name is Jennifer. (h/t Cupcakes and Cashmere)
10) Sometimes, I swear ModCloth is punking us. How else do you explain this whacked out wall decor, and this Mei Xiang-inspired dress…and these Twee’d beyond all recognition undies. Their sale section is like a house of horrors designed by the creators of Portlandia.