1) UN Women plugged phrases like “women shouldn’t” and “women need to” into Google and the popular results were astonishingly disturbed. If you think gender equality is a fight we’ve won, the campaign is proof that there is still a long way to go.
3) Jean at Extra Petite has an eye-opening side-by-side outfit comparison for all the women who think that what they wear shouldn’t play a role in their career success. Tell me, which outfit would make the best first impression?
4) It may be a bit early to start talking about holiday gifts, but I am obsessed with this Ciate Nail Lab. It contains six nail polishes and several additives and recipe cards that allow you to mix colors of your own. Like I said, a great gift.
5) TOMS shoes is rethinking its ‘buy one, give one’ policy. They’re investigating whether retooling the practice might be more beneficial to the children they want to help. I’m glad to see they’re actively thinking about how their charity should evolve with the times.
On a related note, these TOMS boots are kind of hideous, but I’m strangely drawn to them. I may buy them to wear around my parents’ freezing cold house over the holidays. I promise the boots will never see the outdoors. They’re slippers, not shoes.
6) Neiman Marcus has Cole Haan shoes for 40%-off. I am obsessed with these wine-colored suede sandals. They also have the very popular Air Lainey pump for just $60. So if you want to give high heels with Nike Air technology a try, now is the time.
7) 32 Makeup Tricks That No One Taught You. (Some real gems in there.)
9) The Fast Track has a collection of the best work advice its readers have ever received. It’s a good read for career-oriented women.
10) Have trouble keeping your jewelry untangled and organized when you travel? I bought this jewelry roll to keep things straight and it made a big difference. If you’re crafty, you can follow this tutorial from I Spy DIY to make your own.
11) We’ve had many spirited conversations about the use of the phrase ‘nude’ when describing shoes. Now, designer Christian Louboutin has decided to make his classic shoe in five shades so that women can choose the one that best gives them that impossibly long-legged look. Hopefully, other designers will follow his lead and women in shopping in the lower price-points will be able to find ‘nude’ shoes that suit them.