1. Eve Lom Muslin Beauty Cloths ($22). Recently, I watched a video about a “miracle” face cleanser from Eve Lom that is supposed to decongest and detoxify skin. While I’m not ready to pay $80 for soap, I was intrigued by the way Eve Lom used the muslin cloths to steam and cleanse the skin.
After removing my makeup, I apply my Peter Thomas Roth face wash and lay a hot-water-soaked muslin cloth over my face. The steam really opens up my pores for thorough cleansing, while the cloth does a remarkable job of gently, but thoroughly removing whatever makeup and dirt is left behind. If you’d like to try using a muslin cloth to wash your face, you can spend $22 for the Eve Lom cloths, or pick up eight facial muslin cloths from Amazon for $10.
2. Napoleon Perdis Enhancer ($22). A little highlighting goes a long way. Just apply this enhancing stick along the brow bone, in the inner corners of the eye and along the lower lash line to brighten up tired eyes. You can also apply it on your lips underneath your lipstick to really make the color pop. And unlike my previous favorite highlighter from Anastasia, this one is packed with vitamins and antioxidants to nourish skin.
3. Stila Smudge Pots ($20). When I skip the full face of makeup for some tinted moisturizer and a bit of mascara, I like to give my eyes some added oomph with this awesome shimmery shadow from Stila. It’s easy to apply, comes in lots of lovely colors and works as an eyeliner and shadow in one. Need a drugstore alternative? Try Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded.
4. Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat ($5). I’ve mentioned this product before, but it’s so awesome it deserves multiple shout-outs. This top coat resists chipping, gives a glossy finish and when it says fast dry, it means fast. I painted my nails at 10:30PM one night and was amazed when five minutes later, I was crawling into bed with completely dry fingernails. No smudges here.
5. Illamasqua Complement Palette ($47). This palette has a great selection of richly pigmented shadows that look amazing alone or when used to create an amazing smoky eye. The dark color (Queen of the Night) also looks great as an eyeliner when you apply it with a thin angle brush.
6. Bliss Grapefruit + Aloe Body Butter ($29). I’m a Kiehl’s Creme de Corps addict, but since my Mother turned me onto this rich lotion with a great citrus scent, I’ve been thinking about switching. The fragrance is wonderful, and this is coming from a woman who doesn’t like scented things. Also, the lotion moisturizes all day and doesn’t feel greasy.