+ Look for Less

10th Commandment: September 5

14589903_large

Dorothy Perkins Leather Look Skirt ($45+ 25% Off)

A leather or leather-like pencil skirt can do everything a wool pencil can do, only with more style.  This inexpensive version actually felt pretty good in person, though I did have to hang it outside for a while so the chemical smell could clear.  Not awesome, but now that it’s gone, this is a great inexpensive piece to have hanging in my closet.  I also like this $69 Karen Kane pencil skirt.

Not feeling the look of solid leather–how about a skirt with a front leather panel?  This Halogen skirt ($113) comes in misses and petites.  I also like this Trouve skirt with the leather details on the side.  And if you need a skirt in plus-size, Sejour has a gorgeous pencil for under-$100.

Have a little more money to spend?  This Nanette Lepore Mime Skirt is lovely, and this Akris Punto leather-waist skirt is gorgeous.

1. JMW says:

Where would we wear such a pencil skirt? I typically only wear pencil skirts to work.. but leather at work?? I’m open to new ideas, so maybe a two ways feature would be helpful. Thanks Belle!

September 5, 2013/Reply

Come back at 2PM, and find out. I think you’ll be surprised.

September 5, 2013/Reply
  2. Ali says:

Belle,
    Do you think it fit TTS or would one have to size up since its a leather-like material? Thanks!

September 5, 2013/Reply

I went one size up since it isn’t a forgiving material. Had it taken in at the waist a bit, think it cost me $35.

September 5, 2013/Reply
  3. Emily says:

I’m excited to add a little edge to my office-wear, but have to worry about the sweaty factor. Must one wear a slip or tights underneath, or does it breath?

September 5, 2013/Reply

It does not breathe, but it’s not as hot as you would think. I fully plan to wear tights and maybe spray a little aerosol deodorant for good measure.

September 5, 2013/Reply