I loved this quote the moment I read it. Our modern world is conditioning us to be dissatisfied with nearly everything, but too often, we don’t turn that angst into anything productive or positive. So whether you’re inventing fire or your just figuring out a way to deal with a personal issue, action is the source of all solutions. What will you fix today?
1) In the first world, we talk about “girl power” as a way to help women grow in their personal or professional lives. But we often take for granted the challenges that girls and women in the developing world face…like being forced into marriage before you’re even a teenager.
2) That first one was a tough act to follow, but…I’m really feeling structured necklines for fall. I can’t wait for styles like this Alexander Wang Gathered Silk Top and this MSGM Asymmetric Blouse to trickle down to Zara or H&M.
3) Can someone explain to me the appeal of the pointy nail shape I keep seeing on so many actresses, entertainers and socialites? And speaking of nails, I’m thinking about buying this Velvet Manicure Kit from Ciate. I love the berry poncho color.
4) I was invited to a late summer wedding and I’d like to find a dress with a color befitting the warm weather. I like this light green dress with a flirt a-line skirt from 4.Collective or this coral, gathered neck dress from Raoul.
5) Three female executives are suing Merrill Lynch for gender discrimination. Apparently, ML required the women to read a book titled Seducing the Boys Club and attend seminars on how they could better fit into a male dominated workplace. Advice included gems like playing on their “masculine instincts” to “protect the weaker sex.”
6) I bought a pair of these Old Navy lounge pants to wear around the house on the weekends. They’re baby soft. Best $25 I’ve spent in a while.
7) These have been making the rounds around the Hill, but in case you haven’t seen them…check out 29 Hill Staffer Problems and 29 Worst Things About Being an Intern. And don’t miss The Hungry Lobbyist’s post, 20 Lobbyist Problems.
10) Did a little baking for a friend’s party last week. And when I tell you that you need to make these sea salt brownie cookies, I.am.not.kidding.