Source: Modern Hepburn
1) Joss Whedon is a genius (and a feminist hero). Fast Company has a great interview with him where he discusses how to be prolific, e.g. how to get s**t done. Great read.
3) Role Reboot has an insightful and moving post called, “When Your Mother Says She’s Fat.” It’s a must read for every woman, esp. mothers with daughters.
4) When I first spotted this double-printed minaudière, I loved it. Then, I wasn’t sure. Then, I thought it was tacky. And then, I loved it again. What do you think?
5) If you’re a frequent flyer (or an aspiring one), you need to check out this article. The writer actually gives advice on researching the pitch of the seat in order to be comfortable of the flight. That’s hardcore.
6) My favorite thing about fall is wearing tall boots. I love boot season. These Mulberry boots with horsebit buckle are just incredible (and incredibly priced). I’m also thinking about buying another pair (or three more pairs) of Ciao Bella boots because I think the company went out of business, and their boots are the most comfortable boots in the history of the world.
7) Corporette has a great post about how to take a compliment at work. It’s important that you can take criticism, but it’s also important that you deal with praise well.
9) My favorite Marchesa look is the embellished jewel or lace yoke on the pleated swing dress. I have been on the lookout for an affordable alternative for years, and I’ve finally found a less expensive designer who creates the airy, feminine look of Marchesa. Meet Lydia Bright.
I had to buy the black dress to try it on. If it doesn’t look or fit right, I’ll send it back. But if I hadn’t at least given it a try, I’d always wonder.
10) I’m not the biggest fan of Karl Lagerfeld, but the collaboration with tokidoki that produced this canvas tote is fun. The illustration looks like Dr. Evil as the head designer for Chanel.