People talk a lot about the importance of closure. We’re programmed to need a finite end or a reason why, but what if all you get is a phone that doesn’t ring? It’s hard to think of silence as closure, but if you think about it, it says all you need to hear.
1) There’s been some discussion in the press recently about households with female breadwinners. Some people are simple-minded enough to decry this as a bad thing. I feel differently. But delving deeper into the issue, Learnvest has an article featuring three men who earn less than their partners. Their thoughts on what it’s like to be the one who earns less are worth a read.
2) I intended to take a break from shopping. But writing a fashion blog and trying to pack for a trip to Montana with a closet full of D.C. work clothes, forced me into the Penn Quarter J.Crew this week. I met a blog reader while standing in line to check out and purchased a fun summer outfit. I really like the way the pattern on this Liberty shirt works with the bright red color of the shorts.
3) What if your wife passed away and you discovered that she wasn’t who she said she was? A Texas family, a Seattle-based Social Security investigator and a newspaper reporter are all trying to answer one question: Who was Lori Ruff?
4) Bobbi Brown, Navy & Nude eye shadow palette. To.die.for.
5) Pippa Middleton, sister to the Duchess of
Windsor Cambridge, and burgeoning fashion icon, is writing a new column for Vanity Fair. Her first subject? A Guide to the Best of Wimbledon. Pimm’s Cup, anyone?
6) The Outnet has become my favorite place to shop on the web. They have great jewelry and accessories, like this Missoni scarf for 60-percent-off and this pretty eight-pointed star ring. And sometimes, I find an item so good that I just have to have it. This Alice + Olivia Leather-Trim Dress for example. I will wear this all winter and fall.
7) I have a handful of trips planned for the last half of 2013, so I was so excited to discover the website Roadtrippers. Plug in your starting point and your destination, and the website tells you where to eat, what to see and what to do along the way.
8) I’ve been seeing a lot of “designer” graphic tees in the stores lately. This Kenzo tee caught my eye, as did this Zoe Karssen shirt. I think the best way to wear one is either with a very full skirt, to de-emphasize the frilliness, or with colored skinny pants and a cool jacket. What about you?
9) Cyber-bullying is a growing problem. Our nation’s youth are living their entire lives online, and with the anonymity of the Internet, the playground taunts have taken on a new severity. I thought this article on how Sweden deals with cyber-bullying was fascinating because it illustrates just how very different the cultures in Western nations can be.
10) Why must Marco Bicego jewelry be so beautiful AND so expensive? It is not fair.
a fan says:
I think Poppa is the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge.
Kate is the Duchess of Cambridge, not Windsor
Thank you. I’ll fix it.
I wish I hadn’t read that story about the woman with the stolen identity, now I’m dying to know her secret!
Me too. I actually Googled all of the phone numbers on the scrap of paper. Just made me more confused. Here’s hoping someone recognizes her.
I like the look of a graphic tee tucked into a pencil skirt.
It’s a good one.
Love the article on “Lory Duff.” Almost as big of a mystery, WHY has J. Crew paired the liberty shirt with those track pants???