That moment where your just killing time on Pinterest, and then you read something that cuts you to the quick.
1) Oprah gave the commencement speech at Harvard this week and it is a doozy. She talks about her life long dream of having a degree from Harvard and how humbling the criticism of her OWN network was. She also implores the graduates to “skip Facebook.” You can watch it at HuffPo, or read Shape’s rundown of the speech instead.
2) This week, someone asked me if I could recommend a handbag hanger, a metal weight that allows you to hang your purse of the side of the table instead of setting it on the floor. Corporette endorses them, but I’ve never used one. Have you?
3) I’ve been writing a feature for Forbes.com’s new Style File. My column is called Style Arbitrage, and it’s essentially a longer version of the 10th Commandment posts. Even though the Style File is new, there’s a lot of good content for professional women who love fashion.
4) Net-a-Porter is having it’s mid-year sale. I didn’t find any clothing to buy, but I did find these incredibly cute See by Chloe sandals and this gorgeous Marc Jacobs scarf. I also used the sale to stock up on intimates. They had Calvin Klein’s “invisible” hipsters and thongs, and some fun undergarments from Elle MacPherson and Stella McCartney.
5) I’m always looking for ideas that will keep my productivity on track. Victoria at VMac + Cheese had a great way for making sure your 15-minute breaks don’t become 45-minute oh.look.what.time.it.is breaks: timing yourself with this precious 15-minute hourglass from CB2.
6) Everyone has been sending me this Tumblr called Sh*t Bloggers Wear, a chronicle of the commonly featured items on fashion blogs. Because once Atlantic-Pacific or The Glamourai carries a bag or wears a shoe, it’s only a matter of time before the blogger down the block has maxed out her credit card to buy (or begged her way into) the same designer item.
7) I can’t believe that designers are already selling pre-fall collections, but this Roksanda Ilincic dress has truly captured my heart.
8) Living alone has always suited me best, but I thought this LearnVest article about mistakes couples make when they move in together struck a chord. And since living together is very common these days, I thought it was worth a share.
10) Hello, lover.