+ Ask The Edit, + Look for Less

10th Commandment: March 19

70590361

C. Wonder Tortoise Flats ($128)

I found these tortoise flats while looking for Ask Belle answers, and I just fell in love with them.  They’re the spring alternative to my beloved leopard Sigerson’s, which have been everywhere with me this winter.

If you’re looking for something less expensive, these tasseled flats are $98 and these open toe flats are cute too.  I also love these t-strap high heels I found (the touch of gold on the toe is chic), and these open toe pumps are simple and fun.  For lovers of low heels, these Stuart Weitzman kitten heels are a good option.

Also, I’m kind of loving the spring shoes at C. Wonder.  This cork pair with a pink stripe down the back are fun, the snakeskin flats are versatile and these gold flats are a good casual basic.

Check back at 1:00PM for two ways to wear these shoes.

1. EK says:

C. Wonder is 20% off today with a Facebook promotion! Use FACEBOOK20.

March 19, 2013/Reply
  2. Nora says:

How do you find these shoes fit? I’ve got a widespread toe box – not so wide that I require wide width shoes, but wide enough that I sometimes have to size up. I LOVE these tortoise flats and would be grateful for any sizing info you have on their shoes! (They don’t appear to have reviews, and my trusty friend Google isn’t much help, either.)

March 19, 2013/Reply
    • R says:

I don’t know about the closed toed shoes, but I have the open toe shoes. I absolutely love them. They don’t squeeze my toe box at all.

March 19, 2013/Reply
  3. GoGoGo says:

Whoa, good catch on that sale, EK, thanks! I officially owe you a coke–and about $17.60. Flag me down if you see me downtown in my spiffy new snakeskin flats. 🙂

March 19, 2013/Reply
    • GoGoGo says:

Also, Belle, thanks for the recommending those flats!

Do you think that grey snakeskin color could be worn with black tights? Or only with bare legs?

March 19, 2013/Reply

I wouldn’t wear them with tights, but you could try them with grey. I don’t think black would work.

March 19, 2013/Reply
        • GoGoGo says:

Thanks. Makes sense.

March 19, 2013/Reply
    • EK says:

No problem, glad someone could use it!

March 19, 2013/Reply
  4. MM says:

Really liking the cork flats! And the snakeskin ones too

March 19, 2013/Reply
  5. KT says:

Timely post for me. I’ve finally admitted that, with at least 3 holes in each sole, my favorite tortoise flats of over 4 years need to be retired. They were perfect – https://www.polyvore.com/kelcey_patent_tortoise_ballet_flats/thing?id=22183386 – and now I’m having a hard time finding a close replacement and have even been surfing eBay quite a bit. I did pick up the tassled Sperrys you recommended, but am on the fence. Does the tassle make them totally matronly? I was hoping to wear these with toothpick jeans and skirts, but wonder if they are too old/businessy for the casual shoe I’m looking for. Thoughts, Belle?

March 19, 2013/Reply
  6. Alexia says:

Grah, love this flats that I bought them just now. Along with a pair of the snakeskin pointed toe flats. Belle, you are such a bad influence, but I love your site! 🙂

March 19, 2013/Reply