State of the Blog: New Design
Jun 16, 2012
Obviously, there are changes being made to the design. As you might imagine, sometimes something that looks amazing on paper needs to be tweaked so that it works perfectly. Feel free to leave your thoughts about functionality in the comments, especially if you see something that is broken or not working properly. Not every suggested change will be made, but we’re certainly fine tuning as we go.
P.S. Some of the changes we’ve incorporated:
1) We moved comments back to the bottom for your convenience.
2) Sarah made changes to the search function. I ran some dummy searches earlier and found it vastly improved.
3) The tabs in the side bar provide links to the five most popular categories and, as requested, the complete category archive.
4) At my request, Sarah eliminated some of the purple. I love purple, but I don’t want to be smothered by it.
5) The content section was widened and the sidebar cut down a bit.
We’ll likely make a few more tweaks, but for now, that covers the bulk of it.