+ Happy Hour

Happy Hour: A Frosty Cocktail

Hopefully, by the time you read this, I will safely home in my own personal Winter Wonderland.  While my hometown may not be a place that I want to live, it is certainly the only place that I want to visit.  And when it’s covered in a blanket of shimmering snow it’s like magic, but I can imagine that being somewhere warm for the holidays might be nice too…

Tara Matthews Metallic Crinkled Dress (Net-a-Porter, $260)

This gorgeous sparkly dress is the perfect piece to wear over your swimsuit and sandals at the resort, but I have something else in mind.  I would layer this dress over a light grey or white slip, add a crystal encrusted belt and a pair of shimmery heels for the perfect New Year’s Eve look.  It might be a little chilly for D.C., but I know some of you ladies were lucky enough to sneak away somewhere warm.

The Grape Sparkler

If you did manage to whisk away to somewhere warm and sunny for the holidays, then you’re going to need an icy cocktail to keep you company.  This frosty grape sparkler should be perfectly refreshing.

Ingredients

4 cup(s) seedless red grapes, plus more for garnish
2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
2 tablespoon(s) honey
2 cup(s) seltzer
6 ounce(s) (3/4 cup) vodka

Recipe

Puree grapes in a blender. Pour the puree through a fine-mesh strainer set over a medium bowl or large measuring cup. Press on the solids to extract all the juice.

Add lemon and honey to the juice; stir until the honey is dissolved. Add seltzer and vodka.

Divide among 4 ice-filled glasses. Garnish with whole grapes.

1. Anonymous says:

Belle,

I have to tell you that my friends and I have discussed it – and the dress and matching cocktail posts have got to go. I'm sorry to say, but they are silly and we all skim past them. Clearly there are no posts (other than mine now) on this entry. If you took a poll, I think you'd likely get the same response across your readers.

November 30, -0001/Reply
  2. Belle says:

I've heard from a number of readers who like the posts, and I like them, so they stay. Not everyone will like every post, and that's fine. Hopefully, there are others you enjoy more.

November 30, -0001/Reply
  3. Anonymous says:

Belle,

November 30, -0001/Reply
  4. Belle says:

November 30, -0001/Reply
  5. Anonymous says:

Belle,

December 28, 2010/Reply
  6. Linds says:

I respectfully disagree…many of the dresses featured are stunning, and although I am pregnant at the moment and can't partake of the fabulous cocktail recipes (or fit into any of the dresses!), I look forward post-baby to trying out many of them. I also particularly enjoy the seasonally-themed posts. Keep up the great work, Belle!

December 28, 2010/Reply
  7. Belle says:

December 29, 2010/Reply
  8. Stephanie says:

Anonymous, this is Belle's blog, not a democracy. If there are posts you don't like, scroll past them—problem solved. Personally, I always love seeing the pretty dresses, and I've actually made and enjoyed several of the drink recipes. You and your friends should get over yourselves, and just continue to skip posts that you don't like.

December 29, 2010/Reply
  9. Jill says:

I enjoy this feature (one reader's opinion). Just thinking about this cocktail for a new year's day party. Might cheat a little and buy grape juice rather than puree grapes.

December 30, 2010/Reply
  10. Megan R. says:

Count me in as someone who looks forward to this post every week.

December 31, 2010/Reply