Style

SotB: The Dirrty Dozen

For some time, I’ve been contemplating a new weekly post featuring interviews with other bloggers and fashionistas.  After all, it takes a village to raise a woman with fashion savvy.  And I’d love to know more about some of the fashionistas who I interact with on a regular basis.

The feature will be called The Dirrty Dozen (Yes, two Rs. Take that grammarians.) and, predictably, it will feature twelve questions.  Because I’m the author of this blog, I thought it only right that I suffer the slings and arrows first before I subject others to the harsh spotlight of interrogation.

So this begs the question: What do you ladies want to know?

1. Stephanie says:

Well, first of all, I want to know what you hoped to accomplish by adding an “r” to the word “dirty.”

In addition to that, I'd love to know who you looked up to, fashion-wise, when you were younger. Who did you want to emulate, and how did they inspire you?

2. Tia says:

Stephanie's lack of a sense of humor is laughable. I wish she'd find a reason to stop reading, or at least commenting, here. It really kills my buzz.

As for a question, why the anonymity? Your blog would be so much more enjoyable to read if you posted pics of what you wear.

3. JB says:

I'd love to know their thought process for putting together an outfit for work, a special event, casual outings etc.

4. Belle says:

Hey guys,

These are supposed to be more “biographical” questions. If you have fashion questions, such as how tos, email them to to capitolhillstyle (at) gmail (dot) com as an Ask Belle.

5. K says:

What has been the evolution of your fashion? (Through your tween/teen years, into high school and college, beginning your professional career, etc. Also, did you experiment with fashion through different phases?)

6. dm58 says:

MOst embarrassing trend you embraced as a teen . . . complete with (faceless) pics, if possible.

7. Christina says:

What is your political affiliation?

8. Amy says:

Tell us more about your pageant days.

9. Alice says:

Songs you listen to while you're getting ready to go out/to work, etc.

10. Curious says:

What's a “day in the life” of Belle? – Give us a line by line of your day from the alarm clock to the sleep mask.
    I've seen other bloggers do this before, and its really interesting – I'm sure yours will be too.

11. Louisianna says:

Why government/politics etc? Why did you choose this line of work?

12. Meg says:

Agreed on “a day in the life” of Belle, re beauty routine. Also, I'm always curious how long it takes people to get dressed in the morning – i.e. deciding what to wear and putting it all together. Looking forward to this new blog addition!

13. A says:

How much do you spend on new clothing for your wardrobe each month, on average? What tips do you have for staying fresh and current on a Hill staffer budget?

14. R says:

When did you first become interested in fashion? How did you convince your boss to let you start a style blog?

15. A says:

When you transitioned from student to professional, how did you change/build your wardrobe to accommodate your new needs. Also, do you maintain two distinct wardrobes or do you buy pieces with the idea “I can wear this to work and on the weekends.” Thanks for the opportunity to learn more about you!

16. A says:

Rereading your comment I guess my question falls into the fashion category which you asked to be emailed! Hopefully you can answer it at another time if you don't see its place in your Dirrty Dozen!

17. Stephanie says:

My first question wasn't meant as a joke–I genuinely am curious about why she chose to spell it “dirrty.” And if you dislike my comments so much, Tia, just stop reading them. No need to let some commenter on the Internet get to you.

18. X says:

I don't know what is going on these days.. maybe it's the heat.. but I've been reading this blog since it started and there has never been a problem with rude comments until just recently. Belle, did you ever imagine you would have to play moderator to this extent? Or in following with the topic of the post, how do you handle a disagreement of opinion? Considering your work place I'm thinking you've polished off your debate skills! Do you enjoy speaking/defending your opinion in areas other than fashion?

19. AT says:

As a newcomer to DC, I love to hear your take on DC fashion. I would also like to hear your take on the city of DC itself. Where are your favorite places to hang out? What are you doing on weekends? Where do you take out of town friends/family for a DC experience?

20. Stephanie says:

I would love to get inside the heads of Rachel Cothran and Betsy Lowther.

Some questions could be: What was something outside of fashion that inspires you (such as a painting, a certain conversation, an individual, a location)?

Where would you live if you weren't in DC? How would your sartorial choices be different?

What's something simply anyone can do to truly elevate her look?

August 20, 2010/Reply
  21. N says:

In your life off the hill, what are you most proud of?

August 20, 2010/Reply
  22. Amy says:

How did you get your job on the Hill, and what did you do before that?

August 24, 2010/Reply