Features + The Range

The Range: Rash Guards for Summer

Rash guards can be used as a swim cover up or as protection from the sun.  And with so many cute styles for summer, maybe long sleeve swimwear is in your future.

Corner Office

Ulla Johnson Sayulita Rash Guard

Cubicle Farm

WHBM Long Sleeve Rash Guard

Front Desk

Stella Parker Rash Guard

Plus-Size

Island Escape Rash Guard

Maternity

Motherhood Maternity Ruched Side Rash Guard

{this post contains affiliate links that may generate commission for the author}

1. k says:

Yes! I am here for the rash guards! This is my favorite way to protect my skin. So glad to see there are some stylish options for this essential. Thank you!

June 14, 2022/Reply
  2. Rebecca says:

I’m all about the rash guard (and sun-protective clothing in general)! I wear one all the time at the pool, and so does my kid. This year, he asked whether he could wear just swim trunks. I replied yes, he could, but wearing trunks alone would mean applying sunscreen all over his chest, back, and arms. Since applying sunscreen is one of his least favorite things to do, he decided to go with a rash guard.

June 14, 2022/Reply
  3. Laurel says:

Long-time rashguard fan (my friends have joked I’mm sponsored by Big Rashguard as I talk about my love of them so much). My advice is to get a full-zip one, Nothing is worse than trying to peel a wet, stuck-like-glue rashguard over your head. Also, if you run hot (like myself) it’s nice to unzip it partially for airflow when you need it. my faves are from Lands End (it’s an elbow-length one from 2016) and Athleta (l/s, black, so sleek!)

June 14, 2022/Reply
  4. E says:

All rashguard, all the time. I’m ghost-like and (unsurprisingly) prone to burning, and it’s so much less sunscreen to apply! Plus my kid fights me way less on wearing hers if I wear mine.

My favorites are land’s end, including this year I just got a full-zip one with a hoodie that is amazing.

June 14, 2022/Reply
  5. H says:

Swim tights are another great cover-up option! Sometimes you don’t want to deal with the sun, especially if you’re going to be outside all day. I got these prana ones for my mom and myself and they look fantastic.

June 14, 2022/Reply
  6. Meg says:

If you have a costco nearby, I live in their swim shirts over the summer. I’ve found them to be super easy to swim in and be dry in and they have a zip pocket on the size which is super helpful. The patterns are sometimes a little random, but generally there are 1 or 2 I’m willing to wear.

June 15, 2022/Reply
  7. BN says:

Do any of these rash guards have internal chest support? I bought two this summer and I feel like I’m flopping all over the place, and my nipples are way too visible (and I’m only a B cup — I can’t imagine what more well endowed women are dealing with). Please help find a supportive rash guard!

June 15, 2022/Reply

No, but they do make rash guards with bras. https://bit.ly/3xSBF6y

June 16, 2022/Reply
    • E says:

I wear a regular swimsuit top under my rashguard. Think of it like a sun-blocking t-shirt made out of swimsuit fabric. If you wouldn’t wear a wet presumably not see through t-shirt without something under it, take the same approach.

June 16, 2022/Reply