Features + The Range

The Range: Bootcut Jeans

As much as I like my AG Farrah skinny jeans, I am grateful to see wider leg openings returning to shelves.  So let’s get the week started with some fabulous pairs of bootcut jeans.

Corner Office

7 for All Mankind Bootcut Jeans ($225)

Cubicle Farm

Paige Claudine Bootcut Jeans ($130)

Front Desk

Wit & Wisdom Itty Bitty Bootcut Jeans (Also in Petite, $69)

Plus-Size

NYDJ Barbara Stretch Bootcut Jean ($109)

{this post contains affiliate links that may generate commission for the author}

1. Priya says:

SO glad to see the return of longer length jeans! Longer lengths are lengthening….makes us look taller and slimmer. In my opinion the ankle length is only flattering on the very tall.

March 16, 2020/Reply
  2. kleigh says:

What I’m really dreaming of is the return of the Jcrew Matchstick cut. A true straight leg, slim without being *slim*, super lengthening, super flattering. Please, Jcrew …

March 16, 2020/Reply
    • Julia says:

YES PREACH. These were my alltime faves. Bring back Matchstick!!

March 16, 2020/Reply
  3. Colleen says:

What kind of casual shoes do you wear with bootcuts? I feel frumpy wearing flats (including sneakers) with bootcuts and heels aren’t great when trying to chase around my preschooler.

March 16, 2020/Reply

If you get the jeans tailored — typically a hem and nipped in knee area — they should look good with flats. I know people think of it as an extra step, but sometimes it’s necessary.

March 16, 2020/Reply
  4. Lisa says:

Question: exactly where are bootcut jeans supposed to hit? My biggest peeve is having to have one length for flats and one for heels. Combine that with (usually) needing long inseam and it makes it really hard to find anything that looks right. I may be tired of my skinnies, but at least I have options shoe-wise since all of mine hit at the ankle.

March 17, 2020/Reply

The front should just graze the top of the shoe. So it should basically touch the top of your toe. I have two pair of the same jeans hemmed for heels and flats. Is it an extra expense? Yes. Is it worth it? Also yes.

March 17, 2020/Reply
  5. De says:

I second the Wit and Wisdom recommendation. I have them in petite and with the stretch they can accommodate some plus size (i.e. 16)

March 18, 2020/Reply