The Thanksgiving Commute: November 22, 2017
Nov 22, 2017
Quote of the Week.
“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” -William Arthur Ward
The Top Story.
Representative Says Office of Compliance Enabled Harassment on The Hill. (CBS News)
Rep. Jackie Speier is not messing around when it comes to ending sexual harassment and assault on Capitol Hill. Last month, she shared her #metoo story, stating that she had been sexually assaulted by her Chief of Staff when she was a staffer in the 1970s. Now, she’s on a crusade to make the Office of Compliance take sexual misconduct seriously.
Go, Jackie, Go!
Weekly Reads and Finds.
1) These packing cubes make holiday travel a lot easier.
2) How to respond when a family member body shames you. (Refinery29)
4) Can’t let go? How to emotionally detach from work. (The Cut)
6) The High Price of People Pleasing. (Create & Cultivate)
8) Hydrating vs. Moisturizing: What’s the Difference? (Dermstore)
10) 5 Ways You’re Being Condescending at Work. (Motto)
11) Has anyone tried this WinkyLux clear lip stain? Looks interesting.
12) Why I gave up my nightly cocktail. (Bon Appetit)
The Weekly Ws.
What I’m Loving. The Easiest Bun Tutorial.
What I’m Baking. These dark chocolate candy cane cookies.
What I’m Reading. Molly’s Game. The true story of the underground poker room frequented by Hollywood’s elite. Soon to be an Aaron Sorkin movie.
Photo of the Week.
This photo of the Scottish Highlands is an absolute stunner. Who wants to go to Scotland?