1) What is imposter syndrome? And how to fight it. (Linkedin)
2) The spectacular WHBM necklace that made me rethink pearls.
3) The money clarity exercise we all need. (Daily Worth)
4) Fall Trend, Military Jackets: RL’s navy one and Vince Camuto’s black one are cool.
5) Would you ever take a solo trip for your birthday? (Refinery29)
6) Net-a-Porter Showstoppers: this navy Burberry blouse, this metallic fringed midi skirt, this semi-affordable twist-front top.
7) Ways to recharge when you can’t take a vacation. (The Muse)
8) Is Athleta successful because they don’t ignore older women? Or is it because they make cool clothes like this Dapper Jacket and oversize sweater?
9) A SXSW exec doesn’t think he should have to meet with women. (Statesman)
10) This hibiscus and coconut water lotion smells like a tropical vacay.
Emmy Best Dressed. Jessica Biel // Tatiana Maslani // Gina Rodriguez
Emmy Worst Dressed. Tracee Ellis Ross // Mandy Moore // Tessa Thompson
What I’m Baking. Pumpkin Bread.
What I’m Buying. A solid copper water bottle.
What I’m Listening To. Wale, “My Love.”
[quote found here; featured image found here]
This post contains affiliate links; clicking may generate commission for The Work Edit.
I’m taking a solo trip to Iceland for my birthday this year. This article couldn’t have come at a better time!
I took solo trips to London for my 45th and 50th birthdays, and loved it! I did exactly what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it. Would highly recommend it.
The article about the SXSW exec is interesting, but I think the lead in is misleading. A statement about his wife reads, “Manno’s wife went as far as to demand he sell a vehicle because one of the employees she suspected of being attracted to him had ridden in it…” I can only imagine how hard it would be for my husband to navigate his career in a non-sexist way if I gave him ultimatums like that. Of course we don’t have the full story, and you can’t just blame the wife, conflict is two-sided, but after reading it’s hard to condemn him.
I just want to take his wife aside and be like, “Ma’am, he is not worth this. Save yourself.”
I use a solid copper tumbler from India and I have been told that it’s best to store water it it overnight and drink it in the morning, but it’s not ideal or beneficial to overuse it or drink from a copper vessel more than once a day. I keep it on my nightstand and drink it all up when I wake up. Also the reviews for that Amazon product are not very good; I recommend a locally made product like this one: https://www.etsy.com/listing/462963086/american-mule-100-copper-mug-of-superior
I take solo trips every year, usually twice. I love to travel and I decided long ago that it was not work waiting for friends who could never really commit. My trips are always open though…I like traveling with others. I even snagged a friend for Cuba this year. Anyway, my Sept birthday trips are special to me. I’m headed to Chile solo on Thursday!. Last year it was London/Amsterdam. The year before a safari in Kruger followed by Cape Town.
I love traveling alone. Its liberating!
Kathleen H Lisson says:
It’s 2017. Maybe we should have a public conversation about how wives can be feminists by realizing that single women need to be mentored and treated just as their male colleagues are. Yes, my husband can have a business dinner with a single or married woman. Yes, my husband can give a colleague a ride.
I agree, having a spouse who is easily threatened by the presence of single women (perhaps because of his past actions) is detrimental to everyone.
Thank you. Your link to DailyWorth brought me to the article <a href="https://www.dailyworth.com/feed/" The Total Amount of Credit Scores You Have . After the EquiFax mess, it was comforting to read something actionable about monitoring credit scores which didn’t pay the very company that caused the mess/burned my trust.
Oops, I guess that link didnt go through correctly… https://www.dailyworth.com/posts/4404-the-total-amount-of-credit-scores-you-have