The Workday Reading: September 5, 2017
Sep 5, 2017
Thinking global and acting local works, productivity tips from a super-lawyer, and a peek at fall fashion.
1) Maybe we all need a little less balance. (NYTimes)
2) The must-have basic fall bootie from Steve Madden.
3) Wait, I didn’t realize ‘fruitarians’ were real. (MyDomaine)
4) Aquaphor’s spray-on ointment is the cure for dry, fall skin.
5) Super-lawyer Lisa Bloom shares her secret to success. (The Cut)
7) Want to change politics: Stop calling your congressman, start calling your city councilman. (Refinery29)
8) This $78 Unique Vintage sheath is so Jackie Kennedy.
9) The career crisis affecting 30-something women. (HuffPo)
11) How to answer the question, “When are you having a baby?” (Lifehacker)
What I Care About. My homestate of Montana, and a huge section of the American West, is on fire. The choking smoke is forcing hazardous air quality warnings that last for days or weeks. Montana will likely lose one-million acres before fire season is over.
People and businesses are suffering, but no federal disaster declaration is forthcoming. For this Administration, if it’s not on TV, they don’t care. And the media doesn’t care about those of us in flyover country until it’s time for a ski vacation.
I may earn commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post.