+ Item of the Week

Item of the Week: Trench Coats

itemoftheweektrench

The trenchcoat game in London is strong.  With the chilly, drizzly weather, it’s not hard to see why.  But great trench coats can be hard to find, or easy to find and hard to afford.

This Burberry Kensington Trench is all kinds of wardrobe goals.  For something more affordable, London Fog is my favorite brand.  This double-breasted trench is a pure classic.  This hooded trench with a detachable liner is perfect for wet climes.  For something under-$100, one of my friend’s just bought this relaxed-fit Madewell trench, and sings its praises.

Need more suggestions?  Check out the slider below.

1. Chelsea says:

It’s totally un-Belle, I think, but I just bought this coral trench from Nordstrom and I love it. 33% off. https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/halogen-detachable-hood-trench-coat-regular-petite/4179993?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=CORAL

April 10, 2017/Reply
  2. Ari says:

A good trench has been one of my most useful wardrobe additions! On grey days I like to imagine that I’m in London. Hope your trip is going well.

April 10, 2017/Reply
  3. Yael @ Nosherium says:

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Boden trench? I have had the London Fog trench for six months and already it’s losing buttons and had a giant hole in one of the pockets.

April 10, 2017/Reply
    • Mary G. says:

Agreed! I bought the London Fog trench lately and it ripped fairly quickly.

April 10, 2017/Reply
      • Anna says:

You didn’t happen to get it from Macy’s did you? I recently bought a Ralph Lauren wool/cashmere coat there. Nordstrom had the same one, but not on sale, and after less than a month, two of the seams started ripping. Wasn’t sure if it was the coat or Macy’s, which I now associate with a general downward spiral. It looks like they carry the same London Fog trenches as Nordstrom, so I’m curious if that’s where you ladies happened to get yours.

April 10, 2017/Reply
        • Yael @ Nosherium says:

Hi Anna,

I got mine at Nordstrom, so I’m going to return it. I just don’t know what I’ll replace it with given that the options for petite classic trenches aren’t plentiful. I’m also not crazy about the whole thing being polyester. I want something water resistant, but it doesn’t look very luxurious.

April 11, 2017/Reply
      • Sharon says:

Weird! I’ve had my London Fog trench (from Macys) for 6 years and counting and it’s as good as new…

April 10, 2017/Reply
        • JN says:

Same here. My London Fog trench from Macy’s is a few years old and it’s held up great, aside from a few buttons (which I’m very hard on and rip off of nearly everything, so that’s no problem of LF’s).

April 11, 2017/Reply

REALLY?! Gosh I hope this isn’t another legacy brand falling apart. Losing them one at a time is getting exhausting.

April 10, 2017/Reply
      • Mary G. says:

Mine was from Macy’s!

April 11, 2017/Reply
      • Yael @ Nosherium says:

Yeah, I hope it’s just a fluke. I don’t really know where to buy from if the legacy mid-range brands are turning to crap and the luxury brands are increasing price without increasing quality/sustainability/ethics. I want something classic! Is that too much to ask?

Last year I bought I vintage single breasted trench with a wool removeable liner that is in great condition, but I have outgrown it.

April 11, 2017/Reply
  4. SarahT says:

Really enjoying these Item of the Week posts!

April 10, 2017/Reply