The Afternoon Post: January 30, 2017
Jan 30, 2017
1) Why no one really cares that you’re working late. (Fortune)
3) With all the recent closures–Limited, Wet Seal, etc.–is being in the mall a liability? (Racked)
5) Tips for speaking up at work, including an excellent point about ‘channeling your boss.’ (Cosmopolitan)
7) Explaining presidential executive orders, their history and their impact. (The Washington Post)
8) This hardbound PoliAgenda with pen pocket is great for work.
9) How to handle it when your boss may be saying things about you behind your back. (Ask a Manager)
11) Being bored out of your mind makes you more creative. (Wired)
How I’m Beating My Cold. Zicam Rapid Melts with Echinacea.
What I’m Reading. A liberal friend and I have a two-person book club. We rotate reading books that speak to our political views/backgrounds. We started with Hillbilly Elegy for my pick. Next, we’ll read her pick, Autocracy: Rules for Survival.
Where I Want to Travel. My friend Sarah raved about Norway. Apparently, you can get two weeks unlimited flying within country for a pretty reasonable price.