1) Fallen out of love with your current job? How to shape your thinking to search for a new one. (The Guardian)
2) Gilt has this spring-y DvF green sheath on deep discount. And don’t miss this understated cap sleeve sheath.
3) To Obama, With Love. Inside the Office of Presidential Correspondence. (NYT Magazine)
4) Metallic, snakeskin, Stuart Weitzman heels…and, they’re on sale. Be still my beating heart.
5) How to turn critical feedback from your boss into an opportunity for advancement. (Popsugar)
6) This plus-size lace blouse is purely fantastic. For misses, try this Cremiuex blouse.
7) Why you shouldn’t skip brushing your teeth, even once. Gross. (Refinery29)
8) Layered over a blush blouse with grey trousers, this gorgeous blush leather jacket can work for the office.
9) Six tips for improving your digital job search. (Fast Company)
10) I’m redoing my living room, starting with this Moroccan-inspired bolster and marigold and grey Kilim pillow.
11) Gwyneth Paltrow is selling jade eggs that of in your vagina. Goop, original home of alternative facts. (Vox)
Listening To: Marian Hill, Down.
Watching: The Good Place — Funny, clever, and (no spoilers) the season finale was a total surprise.
Obsessing Over: Mallomars. Delicious, cruised through a whole box, banned them from my home..
I love seeing what you’re listening to – Marian Hill’s been popping up on my Pandora lately, and I’ve enjoyed it. Also really enjoying LP’s Lost on You, particularly the live session (not the music video). Her voice is so interesting and complex.
There was an article yesterday in my iphones news feed that was literally gynocologists begging people NOT to use these eggs.
Toxic Shock Syndrome, anyone? No seriously, I caught that during my intern year, and it was so miserable I suddenly understood why the warnings are on the package.
I was more concerned about logistics. I mean, it’s a smooth surface. Can’t be easy to get out once it’s in there.
I’m not going to be able to get that thought out of my head.
Sorrrry, that’s been stuck in my head since I first saw that thing. Had to put it out to the universe.
At least it’s just stuck in your head…
Thank you for posting the “To Obama With Love, Hate, and Desperation” article. I’ve never thought in-depth about the mail that the White House would receive and some of the quoted letters were incredibly touching. I started to cry reading the one from the father whose son killed himself…
It’s so GOOD. I was like, maybe this is the job for me?
Love the “Listening, Watching, Obsessing” feature! I’m always in need of music recommendations and I totally agree on the Mallomars- they must be banned from my apartment!
Thanks for sharing your listening/watching/obsessing over! It’s a nice addition. Would you please consider adding what book you’re reading (if you are – I know personally that it’s tough to read for pleasure during bar studying, but I found it useful for decompressing after a long day of practice tests)? You have posted great book recommendations in the past. Thank you!
Not reading right now but when I start again, I’ll let you know.
Thanks for adding what you’re watching & listening to. I’m always looking for good podcasts and binge watching.
Disappointed that the Women’s March – the largest protest in history, and the start of an important movement that elevates all women, including professional women – shows up nowhere on your blog in the past few days. I’ve appreciated your interesting blend of Republicanism and feminism in the past but am sad to see you ignore this big development for feminism and women generally.
I didn’t ignore it. It’s just not here. Mostly because it received so much coverage (I usually try to find articles or topics that haven’t been everywhere already), and I didn’t really have anything significant or unique to add to the discussion. While the March was a great coming together, and I’m really inspired to see how big the events became, and how much attention they got, like I said, I didn’t have anything useful to add that someone hadn’t already said.