1) When to say no at work, and why it’s important. (Forbes)
2) These mid-rise, burgundy ankle pants from Old Navy are a must. Also, this textured-stripe poncho is on trend and looks more expensive than it is.
3) How Muslim women bear the brunt of Islamophobia–it’s exhausting playing both terrorist and victim. (The WaPost)
4) I wore my Boden Boy Fit shirt yesterday. It’s definitely an easy fall staple.
5) Tips for using procrastinating to your advantage. (Well and Good)
6) LOFT has some great semi-casual dresses. This fireball red flare dress and this pine green blouson dress both caught my eye for work Mondays/Fridays.
7) How the rich and poor are trapped in a ‘Free Time Paradox.‘ (The Atlantic)
8) I don’t know where I would wear this crepe-cape dress from Dillard’s, but I need to find somewhere ASAP.
*image found here.
Love that cape dress! Like you, I just need somewhere to wear it! Is it just me, or were capes having a bit of a moment last night at the Emmy’s?
Hijabs don’t bother me. I actually think in terms of looks, which isn’t why they are wearing them, they are quite lovely. I live in a medical community with a huge Muslim population. It doesn’t really bother me and I don’t obsess and think that somehow our community is more prone to extreme violence. I do, however, get bothered by the complete wraps where you only see their eyes. That really does seem a form of oppression, whether it is true or not, but I also feel the same way about Mennonite and Amish dress. I also don’t think we should be surprised by the increase of attacks since 9/11, obviously it’s stemming from that so why do we give it media credence like it’s something new or a mystery as to why it is happening?
Ugh I bought the pants. And another pair. Thanks, belle…
Just curious – what happened to the two posts a day you keep mentioning? I really miss the non-Daily Eight posts, especially the outfit/fashion ones.
I was wondering the same thing—what is the new schedule?
There have been two posts every day this week. They’ll be two posts the rest of the week. I’m still sorting out my work schedule with my blog schedule and my bar prep schedule, since that starts in a few weeks. We’ll get on something more solid soon.