1) It’s time to let go of work martyrdom and start taking vacation. (Travel + Leisure)
2) This $20 grey-edged cuff from Baublebar is the perfect mix of sophisticated and modern. Their gorgeous Peacemaker Ring is also $20 for a limited time.
3) Ask a Boss: How to improve your work ethic. (NYMag)
4) Fall Skirts: This Factory berry-hued wool skirt and this Ralph Lauren skirt with a waterfall ruffle are both superb.
5) Which clothing brands can survive multiple washes–with a shoutout to yours truly. (Yahoo)
6) My favorite blouse, this Sanna Asymmetric Top from Reiss, is back in stock. Also, this dusty rose blouse ($60?!) is perfect for the fall-summer transition.
7) Simple steps to becoming more assertive at the office. (Glamour)
8) Mindy Mae’s double-hooded sweatshirts are the ultimate in coziness, while being a little bit chic. I own one, so should you.
*image found here.
Is the double-hooded sweatshirt true to size?
Yes, I would say so.
The sweatshirt is cute, I really like the lace one! I popped by their website, and there’s a lot of cute, casual clothes. I’m hesitant because of the low prices, TBH. I’ve never heard of Mindy Mae. How is the sweatshirt holding up? Is the quality ok? I’m guessing this is all made in sweatshops (to be fair, what isn’t these days), but I don’t want something that falls apart after one wash.
I bought the striped hoodie last year, and have been quite happy with the quality. No issues, several washes. No idea where it’s made.
I know I’m not one who is particularly hard on my clothes nor do I over-wash clothes, but only 12 washes for things that performed “well” seems ridiculously low.
The article seems to focus on how the seaming holds up. I usually have to get rid of clothes because the fabric starts to show wear. Sometimes after one wash cycle.
I’ve had whole sleeves fall off (thx j.crew), but you’re right, fabric is the second most important thing.
Speaking of quality; anyone tried the Brooks Brother’s Red Fleece line? Any good? I’m salivating over this emerald dress; https://www.brooksbrothers.com/Stretch-Wool-V-Neck-Dress/SX00073,default,pd.html
I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve heard really good things.