Since graduation, I’ve been struggling. Free time was supposed to be the cure for what ailed, but it has been more of a curse than a blessing–self-doubt, depression, a lack of motivation. I’ve discovered that I need more stability, accountability, and structure. I’m just one of those people who needs to be busy in order to do my best work.
1) Many UK citizens who voted to leave the EU are regretting their decision. Because when you convince people their votes don’t matter, they have no problem casting an angry protest ballot, until there are consequences. (Slate)
3) Slack is a wonderful tool for business. Just don’t forget that what you say on you Slack chats isn’t always private, and the consequences of exposure can be dire. (Slate)
5) Why Disney-princess culture may be bad for girls. (CBS)
6) TOMS just released their Election Collection so you can show your political party pride.
7) In 2014, Maxim hired a female editor-in-chief to bring the ‘lad mag’ into the 21st century. Here’s what happened. (Jezebel)
8) Looking for sleepwear that’s functional and also a bit sexy? This chiffon cami and short set from Flora Nikrooz and this cotton one from Eberjey are lovely. Cotton and lace chemises are also up to the task.
9) Why Lacroix sparkling water–the drink of 90s housewives–is suddenly trending. (Vox)
11) The Great Trump Tax Mysteries: What secrets are lurking in the candidate’s taxes? (Vanity Fair)
12) Banana Republic has followed J.Crew’s lead and is partnering with other brands for exclusive collections. This August clutch and Eugenia Kim sunhat are both sublime, but oh my, the prices.
*image found here.