1) The pay gap varies by career field, this chart shows the gender salary differences in your industry. (WSJ)
2) I need these $39 Restricted tan peep toe flats in my life. They’re perfect for summer dresses.
3) The 9 Types of Obnoxious Office Personalities. (Marie Claire)
4) WHBM has a great selection of summer pants. The lightweight navy flares and these cobalt skinnies are a must. If you can’t give up your skirts, this white asymmetric skirt is a stunner.
5) 90-percent of college grads consider themselves well-prepared for their career field. Only half of hiring managers feel the same way. (CBS News)
6) The Dillard’s WORK shop is full of good things. This mixed media dress and jacket with a floral lace from Kasper is a pretty alternative to the traditional suit.
7) Americans are sleep deprived, so capitalism dictates we must commodify sleep. A fascinating look at making money off something that is actually free. (Quartz)
8) Speaking of which, this $5 avocado eye mask makes it look like you slept like a baby.
9) How to find job opportunities you didn’t know existed. (Fast Company)
10) For a fancier casual Friday, try the prettiest t-shirt dress ever from Club Monaco. Their demure Melancey cut-out dress and this cool Zulandah lace sheath are perfect for summer weddings.
11) This photo essay on the way social media alters how we interact with each other will make you put your phone down. (Chelsey Hale)
*image found here.
That last link take me to Chelsea Hale’s facebook page. How can I get to the photo essay? Sounds interesting!
I tried a different link to a specific photo, hopefully that works.
sherry @ save. spend. splurge. says:
Babies actually don’t sleep that soundly.. 😐
No idea where that came from but… they wake up all the time & flail and cry.. *sigh* I’m in toddlermode.
I think of this every time someone uses that expression! I don’t want to sleep like a baby, I want to sleep like a log (or my deaf dog).
I’d like to add #10 to that obnoxious coworker list – the talker. Talks, talks, talks, tells the same story 100 times, won’t let you out of a conversation no matter how many times you tell them you are late to a meeting, need to go to the bathroom, are busy . . .