The Workday Reading: May 18, 2016
May 18, 2016
1) The pay gap varies by career field, this chart shows the gender salary differences in your industry. (WSJ)
2) I need these $39 Restricted tan peep toe flats in my life. They’re perfect for summer dresses.
3) The 9 Types of Obnoxious Office Personalities. (Marie Claire)
5) 90-percent of college grads consider themselves well-prepared for their career field. Only half of hiring managers feel the same way. (CBS News)
7) Americans are sleep deprived, so capitalism dictates we must commodify sleep. A fascinating look at making money off something that is actually free. (Quartz)
8) Speaking of which, this $5 avocado eye mask makes it look like you slept like a baby.
9) How to find job opportunities you didn’t know existed. (Fast Company)
11) This photo essay on the way social media alters how we interact with each other will make you put your phone down. (Chelsey Hale)
*image found here.