The Workday Reading: January 6, 2016
Jan 6, 2016
1) ‘Nice’ is a four-letter word at companies where employees practice ‘radical candor.’ (WSJ)
2) I’ve been on the hunt for a pair of lace-up flats that weren’t boring. These Topshop Ghillie flats with a unique shape and tassel accents are great.
3) This new Gmail plug-in highlights words and phrases that undermine your message, like “sorry, but” and “I’m no expert.” (Fast Company)
5) When do you become an adult? (The Atlantic)
6) Add some designer to your life with these Isabel Marant rose gold and storm-blue drops. I can’t believe they’re only $70.
7) Can a 10-year-old knowingly and intelligently utilize his constitutional right to remain silent? The California Supreme Court thinks so. (The Baffler)
8) On the hunt for blazers? I love this burgundy jacket from ASOS Premium. Their long, striped boucle jacket looks like a vintage throwback. And this Lavish Alice cape jacket could be fun in the right office.
9) Tips for staying physically fit while on the road for work. (The Everygirl)
10) A friend of mine wanted me to post this Strivectin Densify hair restoring treatment to thicken and regrown hair. She’s slowly going bald due to genetics, and this is the only product she’s found that helps.
Eye Candy. Roland Mouret has created a fuchsia showstopper that is eye-poppingly gorgeous.
*image found here.