Merry Christmas to those who celebrate. And for those who do not, I hope you get to enjoy some time with your loved ones, or at least a break from work.
1) Looking to put a little Scrooge in your holiday? Wired presents: The Dark Side of Christmas.
2) Target is stocking some great work bags right now. I love this Ecom satchel–so chic, so simple. And this quilted, nylon laptop tote looks like a great buy.
3) Why more American Muslims are celebrating Christmas this year, an interesting look at how traditions shift and change. (Quartz)
4) Want a bold, smudge-able eye pencil that will make your eyes pop? This Kevyn Aucoin Primatif Pencil is it. For a drugstore version, Prestige Soft Blend Pencils are the best.
5) A New York City man opened his fireplace to find century’s old letters to Santa. (The New York Times)
6) ASOS New Arrivals is one of my favorite places to shop. This Milan dress with a drape skirt could be a real winner. This camel coat with a contrasting grey collar is to die for. I’m also smitten with this black and white top from Selected.
7) Because there may be little ones at your holiday gatherings: How to talk to other people’s children. (Slate)
8) This $5 Cityvivo scrubbing board makes cleaning my makeup brushes so easy, I don’t know how I lived without it. I also like this upside-down brush drying rack from Amazon.
9) The rise-and-fall of Mast Brother’s Chocolate, or why you shouldn’t brag about your craft processing and not expect a bunch of hipster chocolate connoisseurs to check who care more about cacao processing than I care about anything. (Digg)
10) Gap has some chic cold weather accessories. I love this Lurex head wrap for keeping my ears warm. And this Fair Isle mohair scarf is really fun.
11) 27 Christmas cocktails to serve your guests, because Egg Nog is disgusting. (HuffPost)
Gift Guide. Need a last-minute gift–like gas station stop on the way to the Secret Santa last-minute? May I suggest lottery tickets. Scratchers are always kind of fun. Powerball and Mega Millions are good too. Maybe they win a little something, maybe they just get to dream for a moment.
*image found here.
Merry Christmas, Belle, and lots of wishes for a wonderful new year!
Jenn S. says:
Merry Christmas (belated). Hope you had a nice time with your family.