Merry Christmas to those who celebrate. And for those who do not, I hope you get to enjoy some time with your loved ones, or at least a break from work.
1) Looking to put a little Scrooge in your holiday? Wired presents: The Dark Side of Christmas.
3) Why more American Muslims are celebrating Christmas this year, an interesting look at how traditions shift and change. (Quartz)
5) A New York City man opened his fireplace to find century’s old letters to Santa. (The New York Times)
6) ASOS New Arrivals is one of my favorite places to shop. This Milan dress with a drape skirt could be a real winner. This camel coat with a contrasting grey collar is to die for. I’m also smitten with this black and white top from Selected.
7) Because there may be little ones at your holiday gatherings: How to talk to other people’s children. (Slate)
9) The rise-and-fall of Mast Brother’s Chocolate, or why you shouldn’t brag about your craft processing and not expect a bunch of hipster chocolate connoisseurs to check who care more about cacao processing than I care about anything. (Digg)
11) 27 Christmas cocktails to serve your guests, because Egg Nog is disgusting. (HuffPost)
Gift Guide. Need a last-minute gift–like gas station stop on the way to the Secret Santa last-minute? May I suggest lottery tickets. Scratchers are always kind of fun. Powerball and Mega Millions are good too. Maybe they win a little something, maybe they just get to dream for a moment.
*image found here.