Holiday Gift Guide: For the Working Woman
Dec 3, 2015
1. Lodis Brera Audrey Bag ($318) // 2. Graphic Image Notebook ($79) // 3. Kate Spade Shoe Bag ($18) // 4. Marisa Mason Keychain ($27) // 5. S’well Water Bottle ($45) and Starbucks Reusable Grande Cup ($11) // 6. Henri Bendel Stylus & Pen // 7. Mira Activity Bracelet ($118) // 8. Brushed Hair Tie ($15) //9. Python Case-Effect Case ($65) // 10. Cuyana Travel Case Set ($115)
Today’s bag, for the working woman, contains essentials for those who need to look stylish on the go. This is the bag for recent college grads, newly minted professionals, or ladies who are looking for a refresh.
1. A Work Bag. The Lodis Audrey Brera bag is half briefcase, half satchel. It comes in brown, black, red and grey. If you’d like something more casual, I like both the Lo & Sons OMG and the Dagne Dover Tote.
Just need a work satchel? The Rebecca Minkoff MAB is still my favorite; I don’t know why they discontinued it.
2. Leather Notebook. I love these refillable leather notebooks. They’re durable, and super-chic. They’re also a great size–not too big, not too small. I keep one in my purse at all times.
3. Shoe Bags. Need to carry your shoes to work? Keep them from dirtying up your purse and belongings by using a shoe bag. I adore this one from Kate Spade, or try this chevron-printed bag from Soulmates.
4. A Chic Keychain. A great gift for a friend, relative, or close colleague, a stylish keychain is a must. I also like this gold tassel keychain from Bloomingdale’s and this simple brown leather key fob.
5. Drink Containers. Another great gift for a colleague or a White Elephant is a drink container. These S’well water bottles are great. I also like this Kate Spade glass water bottle with gold flecks. For hot beverages, this Starbucks container and this double-insulated travel tumbler are both good choices.
7. Activity Tracker. An activity monitor helps ensure that you get enough physical activity in a world where sitting at your desk is your job. This Mira activity tracker might be the most stylish one on the market. It looks more like jewelry than tech. I own this Misfit Shine; it’s simple and unobtrusive.
8. A Chic Hair Tie. About 3:00PM, it’s time for the hair to go up so the real work can begin. Instead of a black elastic, a decorated bands makes the basic pony a bit more chic.
9. A Phone Case. A good quality phone case is a great gift because it’s not something most people will splurge on. If you have a favorite brand for your phone, leave it in the comments. I like snake print because it goes with everything.
10. A Pouch Set. To keep your bag organized, leather or canvas pouches are life savers. These affordable Neiman Marcus nylon pouches are so good I snapped them up instantly. This Furla envelope pouch set also caught my eye.