The Workday Reading: July 31, 2015
Jul 31, 2015
1) U.S. News has ‘8 Career Tips for Women Who Want to Be The Boss.’
2) This $30 Aldo wallet is surprisingly chic. I love the separate zip-up pouch and storage pocket.
3) Frigid offices, freezing women, oblivious men: A study in the dynamics of AC-cooling and office space.
4) White House Black Market has some amazing belts right now. I adore this slim, cognac belt with a loop detail and this black belt with a wide knot. Want a bit of fall color? This forest green belt is lovely.
5) A Pair and a Spare offers advice on how to e-mail someone you’ve never met (so that they might actually reply).
6) The Vogue September Issue is available for pre-order on Amazon.
7) Olympic teams at the 2016 Rio games will be swimming and boating in raw sewage. (And you thought the Sochi Games had problems.)
11) On TV cop dramas, detectives use ViCAP to catch rapists. In reality, fewer than 1 out of 12 police departments use the system. ProPublica digs into the details.
13) I love Birchbox for getting monthly beauty samples. I want to try the PopSugar Box, which offers a wider selection of full-size beauty products and fashion accessories. Rachel Zoe’s ‘Box of Style’ also caught my eye. Do you subscribe to any monthly boxes that you like?
*image found here.