1) Levo League discusses how to find out if a job’s low salary can be outweighed by its perks.
2) This $72 pencil skirt (in pink or black) from Elizabeth and James brings just the right amount of sultriness to a work-appropriate skirt.
3) Business Insider summarizes a New Yorker piece on how the Hollister brand fabricated their elaborate backstory. Reminded me of a 2014 story about how Madewell appropriated an old brand name to appear more authentic, less corporate.
5) Carolyn Hax at The Washington Post offers advice to a married woman whose position on remaining childless is changing.
7) Did you know that the ‘poverty line’ was dependent on each home having a skillful and competent housewife/cook?
9) Why short-term international volunteering (also called “voluntourism”) does more harm than good. In Cambodia, most of the orphanages that foreign tourists visit are stocked, like fish ponds, with children who have parents and homes.
11) This article from China discusses consultants who are hired to drive away mistresses. It’s humorous, terrifying, and interesting at the same time.
12) This DKNY watch with rose gold and a grey, leather band is sublime. So damn chic.
*image found here.