1) Is telling kids to dream big a big con?
2) This side-zip satchel from Forever21 is the perfect mix of structured and slouchy. I also like this patent-leather bowler bag for $25.
3) Huffington Post Highline discusses ‘The Myth of the Ethical Shopper.’
4) I adore these green, half-d’Orsay Cole Haan pumps. They’re a colorful accent for your fall basics.
5) There are only 300 Chinese-Americans left in D.C.’s Chinatown, and they’re fighting to stay.
6) On the hunt for lightweight, long sleeve blouses? This geometric, black and white blouse from Calvin Klein caught my eye. This discounted Vince blouse is a lovely basic.
7) The firing of a female Marine commandeer is putting the spotlight on expanding opportunities for women in the armed forces.
8) H&M has some lovely dresses right now. I love this grey and ivory number, and this simple short-sleeve shift.
9) The New York Times discusses wedding toasts and things you learn during a marriage.
*image found here.