1) President Obama and Republicans in Texas are finally united…by their hatred of peas in guacamole.
2) Hello, stunning Elie Tahari short-sleeve sheath dress. (And this smashing red Black Halo number.)
3) Why Women Apologize and Should Stop. (The author of this piece also wrote one of my favorite books.)
4) I really want to try this Sally Hansen ‘Peel Off’ Base Coat that promises you can just peel off your polish instead of scrubbing it off.
5) Twenty-two years after Monica Seles was stabbed by a crazed tennis fan, the sport still struggles to keep female players safe.
6) Two beautiful sheath dresses from Raoul on sale at The Outnet. One in navy/black, one in berry/black.
7) Is using the word ‘just’ too much hurting your credibility?
8) Anthropolgie has the best selection of vases. These faceted, ceramic vases are really fun.
9) The trailer for the upcoming Chris Farley documentary is both hilarious and tragic.
10) This dainty little ring is absolute perfection. It’s more affordable cousin is also lovely.
11) Randall Wulff, a.k.a. Lewis, made a fortune on Wall Street, partied with models and musicians, and recorded one of the most beguiling albums of the 1980s. Then he vanished.
12) Belle’s British Candy Update: Whoever said that StarBars were the best UK candy, you are correct. Also, KitKat Crunch Peanut Butter, for reals.
*image found here.
Oh my God, why would anyone want to add peas to guacamole? Is nothing sacred?
Alison @ Peacoat Diaries says:
I love Sloane Crosley, though I have to say I preferred “I Was Told There Would Be Cake” (did you read that one?). Excited about her upcoming novel!
Mani Destroyer says:
I think if I tried that peel off nail polish my manicure wouldn’t last a day. Peeling polish is too fun!
I find in interesting that you’ve highlighted two articles policing women’s language (essentially saying, “Talk more like men”).
Here is a good response: