1) Elle discusses how to love your job and your salary, reiterating advice from Latoya Peterson about asking for a raise the right way.
2) Off5th is offering 70%-off everything sitewide. They have a large selection of Cole Haan shoes. I love these simple wedges.
3) How to be a good person on an airplane. The most valuable tip, don’t be mad at people for just being themselves.
4) Old Navy has some cute dresses right now. This printed wrap dress is great for casual workdays, and this midi tank dress is perfect for weekends.
5) The WSJ covers “Working Mothers Who Make It All Work.”
6) I could have really used these Underarm Deodorant Wipes when I lived in D.C..
7) Not sure how to feel about “feminine hygiene underwear,” but maybe it’s good someone’s thinking about these things.
8) I love Rebecca Minkoff jewelry. Mid-price, always cool, good quality. These Leaf Cluster earrings are so dramatic. And these reversible crystal and pearl studs are sublime.
9) In honor of Team USA’s win over Germany in the World Cup semi-finals, I present the ladies of Team USA doing impressions of Abby Wambach.
*image found here.
Sugar Plum says:
Off 5th jacked up their prices quite a bit before starting the sale. A sweater I had put in my cart over the weekend went from $149 to $269. Even after the 70 percent off, it was still more expensive than if I had bought it on Saturday. Super shady.
Thanks for the quote today. Absolutely needed to read that today.
Ugh, took me way too long to learn this lesson.
Jennifer D says:
Regarding the feminine hygiene underwear, here’s where the need really is . . . https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/06/16/414724767/people-are-finally-talking-about-the-thing-nobody-wants-to-talk-about
I don’t really get the point of deodorant wipes. They take up just as much space as a stick of deodorant. I got a sample of some from Birchbox thinking I could use them all over my body on summer days to absorb sweat and stop odor, but you’re only supposed to use them on your underarms. For that, I can just keep a small travel-size stick in my purse.