1) M.M. Lafleur launched their new website, The-M-Dash this week. It contains some great articles like “I Got My Dream Job…and Then Realized I Hated It” and 13 Ways to Stay Focused in an Open Office.
2) Today in under-$50 handbags, we have this sweet blush envelope clutch. And for $104, we have this cool Preston satchel from London Fog with lots of pockets and a contrast zipper.
3) Movies make serving in clandestine intelligence seem glamorous. What they don’t show you is the paperwork, particularly the billing and expense reports.
4) Off5th has some nice dresses in the ‘new arrivals’ section. I like this eyelet sundress and this mauve faux wrap, both from Anne Klein and under-$75. And this lipstick red peplum dress from Bailey 44 is a stunner.
5) This cucumber, tomato, and bacon salad looks like an excellent side dish for summer barbecues.
6) A cloth that can remove all of ≈my makeup without soap…what?!?!?
7) Writing dress code that isn’t sexist is a challenge. But when you refer to breasts as “the girls” and talk about “sausage rolls,” you’re not even trying to do a good job.
8) The Cheap Chicas have some thoughts on where to purchase affordable and mid-price art. I’m currently loving this West Elm pieced-glass art and this Minted for Mineral piece.
9) A Hollywood aesthetician was arrested for solicitation of murder for allegedly hiring someone to kill her rival. But that’s just the beginning of the story. (Who knew facialists played so rough?)
10) I adore this light summer sweater from Old Navy; it’s striped with a pink color block. It also comes in plus-size and maternity. Also, this funnel-neck sweatshirt is more stylish than average.
11) Find yourself putting off chores like washing the dishes or folding the laundry? Lifehacker recommends timing yourself.
12) Sleek, minimalist fashions are my absolutely favorite, and Narciso Rodriguez just does it so well.
*image found here.
That story about the Hollywood aesthetician is fascinating! I feel like a really good film could be made out of that story.
Totally agree! I should have been working but I could not tear myself away.
Hi! I LOVE your blog! Might I make one suggestion? When you have a link to something, I suggest having it open up in a new tab. I have found myself getting lost in the link and will often forget to click back to the blog to finish the post! And let me tell you, I don’t want to miss a thing :)!
It used to be set up that way, we’ve had some tech issues. It will be set up that way again when the redesign happens later in the spring.
Jennifer E. says:
FYI, you can get microfiber face cloths on Amazon (with Prime shipping) for $20 for a 3-pack. If you buy the “multi-use automotive” ones, they’re even cheaper, but I’m a bit leery of using those on my person.
Thanks for linking my salad recipe. Have a great weekend!
I was JUST watching a video on the makeup eraser yesterday! 🙂