The Workday Reading: May 28, 2015
May 28, 2015
1) So…FIFA, the corrupt offspring of a banana republic dictator and a pro sports franchise. To understand the current crisis, check out this devastating profile of FIFA head Sepp Blatter, this fivethirtyeight article on why the organization structure breeds corruption, and how the U.S. Justice Dept. vows to end graft in FIFA.
3) How to turn your job interview into an offer by following up properly.
4) If you love the look of a bucket bag, this $68 Free People bag is the best. It has a great shape, and the material feels lovely to the touch.
6) My obsession with kitchen gadgets continues. This $6 flex pot clip keeps your spoon within reach. And after nearly taking off a finger with my mandoline, I see the value in these cut resistant gloves.
7) Worldwide, billions of people suffer from anemia. The Lucky Iron Fish aims to change that. Great idea, great cause.
9) This is the kind of incredible before and after that makes you think massive renovations are a great idea.
10) Two new hair products I can’t live without: Miracle Leave-In Conditioner from It’s a 10, and Drybar’s Triple-Sec (it’s a dry shampoo, texturizer, and finishing spray in one). Also, if humidity is holding your hair hostage, try the Big Sexy product line.
11) Wired profiles Sen. Corey Booker and how his use of technology is changing the political landscape.
*image found here.